Digital Advertising Technical Manager - Discovery Communications
The Digital Advertiser Technical Manager will play a key role within the digital advertising operations team in ensuring that Discovery’s commercial consumer assets feature a best in class portfolio of ad formats and are supported by efficient back end systems that provide local businesses with the flexibility they need to deliver to market specifications.
The successful will be required to demonstrate previous technical experience within a growing digital sales business and possess a sound understanding of online ad delivery systems, interfaces, and relevant coding languages. The ability to communicate with highly technical digital development teams is critical to the success of this role.Responsibilities:
- Lead internal consultant for developing portfolio of industry standard advertising products and ensuring the interoperability of diverse commercial and content systems and tools (ad servers, SSPs, content management systems, financial tools and reporting).
- Represent and advocate sales priorities with digital media technical and development teams as required to address queries, test deployments of ad tags/new formats and support any new advertising related developments.
- Primary technical representative for ad sales within the project delivery teams for new consumer offerings.
- Advise and define the ad operations workflow process for digital sales activity across the DNI footprint. Developing, communicating and implementing practices in order to improve the efficiency, performance and standard of the department.
- Manage communication with third party advertising technology vendors. Participate to the programmatic offer development.
- Advise in a variety of operational and systems situations, such as: network design and configuration, troubleshooting trafficking issues and assisting peers and staff with technical matters.
- Lead QA and development contact for all new websites, ad formats and third party integrations.
- Maintain technical specifications documentation to facilitate the third party development of advertising creative.
- Strong previous experience working in technical development environments
- Solid understanding of online ad serving platforms (FreeWheel, Doubleclick, etc) and advertising creative delivery
- Familiarity with API standards for the development of interoperable advertising systems
- Previous experience working within content management systems and video delivery platforms (Brightcove, etc.)
- Ability to articulate and prioritize operational needs to technical vendors and production houses
- Previous experience in a digital ad ops/trafficking/programmatic role appreciated
- Detail- and deadline-oriented
Creative Traffic Coordinator for Boden
Closing 14 October 2017
- Competitive basic + excellent benefits
Social Media Manager for Sticky Content
Closing 20 October 2017
- Sticky Content
Want more Digital Advertising Technical Manager - Discovery Communications jobs?
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.