We’re Big Group, an independent creative marketing agency who apply bigger thinking to everything we do. For over 25 years, we’ve been helping our clients connect with their markets and customers. Now, we’re looking for a Development Designer to join our team in our Bath Frontline Display International office and develop point of sale display & retail fixturing concepts into working solutions
Salary of £30,000 - £35,000 DOE
The Benefits - Healthcare cash back scheme - Pension scheme - Death in Service - Cycle scheme - Fresh fruit deliveries - Great development opportunities, both within and outside your department - Computer scheme - make savings on IT equipment through a government-backed salary exchange scheme - 20 days’ holiday (rising with service) plus Bank Holidays and a Christmas shutdown.
We also have a strong focus on learning and development, and work with a range of organisations to develop life, technical and insight skills that are relevant to you, your role and the business. So, if you’re looking to develop, both personally and professionally, you’ve come to the right place.
Summary of Role:
The role of the Development Designer will include developing point of sale display & retail fixturing concepts into working solutions from briefing, through prototyping, testing, final design detailing and production.
- Develop supplied point of sale display & retail fixturing concepts into working solutions ready for manufacture through the creation of technical drawings and specified production methods and material specifications.
- Ensure all project documentation completed is accurate and suitable for manufacture (drawings, tolerances, materials, processes, finishes etc.) reducing costs and standardising where possible.
- Manage several projects simultaneously, using project management skills to carryout tasks in an organised and timely manner.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, both internally within design and externally with other departments and suppliers.
- Strong understanding of current manufacturing techniques in plastics & sheet metal fabrication, injection moulding, joinery etc.
- Competent in the use of Solidworks and a strong, creative based portfolio within the retail design sector, demonstrating originality and a broad range of skills on live, professional projects for part and assembly modelling technical drawings, bill of materials.
- Must have good freehand skills.
- Ability to ensure designs are fit for purpose, within budget and meet the aesthetic requirements of the design intent and client expectations. This means also having a good commercial sensibility relating to the realities of production.
- Knowledge of electronics and mechanisms would be advantageous.
- Have a strong sense of good / practical design aesthetics to be help solve technical problems of a design while contributing to the design intent.
- Ability to work as part of a team and inspire and teach other members of that team.
- Educated to degree level in product/industrial/engineering design. (BSc or BA)
- Minimum 3 years experience in a POS design and manufacturing company working as a development designer.
- Any additional industry relevant qualifications.
- Ability to test principals by making mockup rigs in our workshop. Workshop/modelshop experience.
Graphic Designer- Architecture
Closing 2 January 2019
- £22,000 to 25,000 p/a
Closing 4 January 2019
- Beyond The Book
Want more Development Designer jobs?
Want to find more Artworker jobs, Creative Artworker jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Visualiser - Design/Advertising jobs, Product Designer jobs, Retail Designer jobs, Graphic Designer - Production jobs, Packaging Artworker jobs, Packaging Designer jobs, POS Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.