Love being around people and making them happy? Good at finding just the right thing to complete an outfit? As part of our sales team, you’ll do just that, bringing the Magic of Macy’s to life for our customers. Every day brings new challenges and excitement, and every customer interaction gives you the opportunity to do what you do best: find solutions and provide exceptional customer service.
So if you live on the cutting edge of fashion and have a keen eye for design, why not put that expertise to work on the sales floor? Join our team of problem solvers and doers: Apply today!
Provide support for project and creative development to the design team across assigned Store Environment project types. Creates original design concepts and studies as well as project; communication with consultants in support of project goals. Support the development of design concepts and brand standards in partnership with Sr. Design staff. Implement and apply design standards to assigned projects. Develop concept packages and perform a supporting role in presentations to Macy’s Sr. Level Management. Performs market and retail design trend research to support Sr. Design staff. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support the Sr. Designer and design team for assigned Store Environment project categories including but not limited to: Capital Projects: New Store design, remodels and expansions. This position will also support other projects within the field, big ticket strategies, customer facing, vendor GMM, technology/Omni channel and new design initiatives.
- Position will support the design development of assigned FOB (Family of Business) categories, design standards, shops, merchandising and service initiatives that drive sales opportunities and improve the customer shopping experience.
- Provide support for project design responsibilities including: market and concept trend research, presentation, preparation, participation in store surveys, scope and budget analysis, development of Block Plans, Merchandise Plan Shaping, Interior Architectural Development, integration of key Merchandising Initiatives, Perimeter and Loose Fixture design development, Color/Material concept development and application of design Best Practices.
- Implement existing design standards, scaling appropriately as budgets require, and assuring brand consistency across projects.
- Utilize AutoCAD expertise and all other technical skills, to efficiently execute supporting documentation for all phases of in-house Store Environment projects, in partnership with Store Planning.
- Continually grow professional, presentation and technical skills. e.g. current trends, presentation skills, visualization skills, etc.
- Participate fully in Store Environment sustainability efforts.
- Successfully prioritize tasks and efficiently manage workloads, meetings and design milestones, adhering to challenging schedules and budgets.
- Develop leadership qualities by facilitating a lead role in select brand initiatives and through mentoring student Interns.
- Consistently update design knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Bachelor’s degree in the field of Architecture or Interior Design.
2-3 years of experience in a design role in the field of retail design.
Strong proficiency in digital tools ranging from AutoCAD, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Digital/3Modeling, Sketch-up and or 3D Studio Max, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office. Proficiency in by-hand skills including sketching, marker rendering, watercolor media and other media programs.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
Must have above average mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages, and the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and the office equipment.
May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Must be an expert in all facets of the business that can be acquired through extensive experience in retail accounting, merchandising, and systems.
Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Staff UX Designer
Closing 12 October 2019
Sr. Staff Designer
Closing 12 October 2019
Want more Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.