As an integral member of the Design team reporting to the Design Manager of your collection you will articulate your creative vision within the style choice. Enthusiastic and immersed in contemporary style and culture, you are obsessed with design and passionate about the work you produce.
- Understand consumer initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience, be able to identify and execute opportunities.
- Collect inspiration relevant to your collection/ brand DNA and stay consistently in tune with competitive brands and market trends
- Be responsible for supporting all aspects of product design process to include market research, consumer research, creative deck creation and designing.
- Effectively present work in a persuasive and compelling way
- Work to our seasonal critical path to ensure timely completion of designs and design packs in PLM according to the development calendar, specifically targeting seasonal range sign off
- Consistently seeks out global innovation
- Select fabric and trim for product category/style choice
- Participate in fittings with your Lead Designer and technical team
- Be able to travel independently for inspiration and to overseas suppliers to effectively manage development of styles and inspiration
- Self- manage and problem solve issues that arise where appropriate
- Work closely with style choice Design Manager and Collection Strategy team to design category-specific product based on sales and business direction given
- Establish strong working relationships with regional offices and suppliers
- Independently manager the execution of your styles from concept to launch
- Create accurate design tech packs with high level of detail and specification
- Provide integral support for the management of PLM system input and process
- Maintain organisation of samples and material/trim swatches
- Mentor more junior members of the team
- Experienced (4-5 years) in retail/ brand with proven track record at designer level
- Passionate about design and able to demonstrate an understanding of the Superdry handwriting and DNA
- Someone with an excellent sense of style, trend, colour, print and pattern with a good eye for fit and attention to detail.
- Educated at a University degree in Fashion Design or related field
- Flexible and able to adjust quickly to changes and deliver on deadline
- Competent in the use of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc.)
- Articulate & confident at presenting at different stages of the collection.
- Able to demonstrate competent knowledge of PLM software
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
To support our Diversity & Inclusion agenda, we have introduced blind applications, which are a simple and straightforward practice during the first step of the hiring process. This means that some personal information, for example, name, gender and education history will be removed at application stage to prevent bias.
As we won’t be able to look at your CV, please make sure your profile is as detailed as possible.
Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
Who we are:
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Designers (Junior to Senior)
Closing 13 November 2021
- Bray Leino
- Devon / Remote
- perm, from remote
Apparel Graphic Designer
Closing 1 November 2021
Closing 8 December 2021
- Adecco Global IM
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.