Designer & Studio Manager - GBM EU
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
The Global Business Marketing EU team champions TikTok in the B2B world through education, inspiration and creativity. This growing team works to set advertisers up for success on the platform. We create the creative support material and thought leadership collateral pieces that are the voice of TikTok for Business in Europe. London is our central hub and we support numerous regional offices, like Paris, Berlin, Milan and beyond.b
We are currently building a team of integrated and multi-faceted designers to support some of the core GBM teams, including Brand Strategy, B2B, Creator Solutions and more. Core competencies include branding, art direction, visual design, typography, 2D motion.
We are in search of a candidate to lead a team of multi-disciplinary integrated designers, delivering against a wide range of assets. This could be anything and everything from beautifully designed presentations and pitches, to creating and localising internal and external assets, collateral and concepts to editing films and interviews. They have the skills and the ambition to make things look beautiful quickly, efficiently, and effectively. They can apply their creative thinking through their proficiency in a broad range of programmes.
The candidate we are looking for is a high-performing leader, thrives within a fast-paced, often changing environment, and has previous mid- to senior- level design experience as well as experience managing a team / design studio. The majority of your time will be spent rolling your sleeves up and directly contributing to design projects, delivering assets, and having an overview of all projects the team is working on, to ensure brand consistency and continuity.
The rest of your time will be spent managing the Design Studio. It's important to note that this is a hybrid role - in addition to the design work, you will also be responsible for taking in and assessing new briefs, assigning resource, and managing workflows & timelines with your direct reports.
You should have an innate passion for digital and social media and entertainment platforms. This is a unique opportunity to join and lead a growing team, defining how the world's fastest growing digital channel brand is amplified for our clients in-market.
- Demonstrated graphic design work in a marketing, advertising, social platform or tech company
- Leading and mentoring team of designers that report directly in to you
- Resourcing, workflow and project management
- Being a brand guardian and protecting the look / feel / design guidelines for TikTok for Business
- Creating bespoke presentation templates (Google Slides / Powerpoint) and formatting presentations and assets into these consistent guidelines
- Bringing concepts and ideas to life through mock ups and storyboards
- Building the brand library / resources
- Creating a wide variety of assets, including but not limited to social cards and visuals, newsletter templates, emails, one-pagers, flyers, posters, banners, infographics
- Execution at events, including but not limited to working with event production companies to develop branding, programme design, client comms, visuals, merch
- Basic understanding of animation / motion design, creating gifs, minor video editing
- Awareness of image and audio licensing and usages
- Connecting regularly with internal stakeholders in Europe and globally to ensure ongoing clarity of what's happening in the broader business, sharing work, discuss upcoming projects and agree priorities
- Experienced designer, with proven track record of managing a team
- Can lead projects from concept to delivery
- Has had multiple direct reports, assigned and managed resource
- Ability to work with and direct junior team members, ensuring they are clear on the expectations of their role, tasks, priorities, timelines
- Comfortable guiding freelancers, agencies, and production partners if required
- Experience with industry standard design tools
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier Pro, After Effects, etc.
- Knowledge of print and post production - Excellent visual and written communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Experience working in multi-disciplined, cross-functional teams
- Proven track record of managing multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- A portfolio submission is mandatory that demonstrates core competencies across visual design, typography, art direction, digital, social, print, etc.
- English speaking - additional languages are bonus (French, German, Italian)
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals should not be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Studio Production Tech
Closing 27 June 2021
Closing 29 June 2021
- Estee Lauder
Closing 3 July 2021
Want more Designer & Studio Manager - GBM EU jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Studio Manager jobs, Email Designer jobs, Presentation Manager jobs, Studio Supervisor jobs, DTP Operator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.