Designer/Senior Designer - WW Denim (Jeans)
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
Our people make all the difference. Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS:
With a mindset that’s both creative and commercial, our Design team work closely with Buying and Merchandising to realise a range that’s as stylish and fashion-forward as it is affordable and fast-selling – all in a world where each day is different and as exciting as the next.
Our Denim has enjoyed great success over the last couple of years and we are well known for such great product! We are growing rapidly so there are lots of opportunities for long term career progression and the chance to showcase your creativity.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Keeping up to date with key trends and interpreting them to suit the River Island customer.
- Presenting trends to the Design and Buying teams.
- Taking part in inspiration trips and factory visits (Worldwide travel).
- Mentoring junior members of the team.
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
- Previous experience as a Senior Designer or Designer within a fashion retailer or from a supplier background in Denim (Jeans in particular).
- The ability to demonstrate an affinity with RI Brand and high street fashion.
- A creative eye for product, with ability to drive the business forward.
- Be confident and have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact with all levels.
- Be able to manage own workload, plan and prioritise work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Be team orientated with the ability to build strong relationships and influence where necessary.
- Have a high level of attention to detail.
- Be adaptable to change.
- Love the brand as much as we do!
IT NEVER GETS BORING:
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount.
- Pension Scheme.
- Competitive holidays plus bank holidays.
- Season ticket loan.
- Discounted on-site gym membership.
- Ride to work scheme.
- Staff Shop.
- Subsidised canteen.
- Free onsite parking.
- The opportunity to travel for inspiration trips and factory visits.
Closing 17 September 2019
- American Express
Senior UX Designer
Closing 17 September 2019
Want more Designer/Senior Designer - WW Denim (Jeans) jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.