A good home for everyone. It’s what we believe in, and it’s what we make possible. From our Southampton Store Support Office, we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create the homes they want. Join us as a Designer (Mid-Weight) and you’ll help us speak to all these customers, all across the country.
Working within customer marketing's in-house creative studio you will be responsible for the development and production of highly creative design solutions, mainly for print.
You will develop your knowledge of our brand and combine it with a flair for presenting our products in fresh and innovative ways, to deliver creative excellence across a wide range of communications\: on time, on brand and on budget.
- Deliver design projects on time, on brand and on budget.
- Interrogate and develop briefs and use your design expertise and flair to develop innovative creative solutions.
- Present finalised ideas and concepts to your creative colleagues and stakeholders as required.
- Work across teams to contribute ideas and thinking to design briefs and proposals that will help deliver a competitive advantage.
- Work with our external creative partners (freelancers, creative agencies etc.) and support them in delivering creative excellence aligned with the brand.
- Work with the Studio Manager and Workflow system to ensure effective scheduling and management of work.
- Build strong relationships with our stakeholders through adopting a positive ‘can do‘ attitude.
- Maintain an awareness of current creative trends and influences.
- Keep up-to-date with new developments in all relevant Adobe Creative Cloud software.
- Support your Lead Designer in delivering team objectives as required.
- you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as we may reasonably require.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Conceptual thinking, drawing, visualising and computer-aided imaging.
- Ability to interpret a brief, liaise with clients and other stakeholders..
- Good presentational, interpersonal and time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and cost awareness.
- Positive attitude and open to constructive feedback.
Knowledge and experience:
- Exceptional Apple Mac skills with thorough knowledge of all relevant software applications including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Creative Cloud.
- Working knowledge of repro and print processes.
- High standards and accuracy, with artwork-standard file preparation.
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Business awareness in order to understand constraints of our customers.
- Design-for-print based design background.
A good home for everyone isn’t just our purpose – it’s also what we are. As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work really worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us.
Senior User Experience Researcher
Closing 25 July 2019
Closing 9 August 2019
- Beyond The Book
- £30,000 to 35,000 p/a
Want more Designer (Mid-Weight) jobs?
Want to find more Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.