Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 148 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are seeking an Intermediate Designer reporting to the Director of Workplace Americas, based at our Headquarters in Los Gatos, CA to support the day-to-day FFE & branded environment support for Netflix’s growing real estate portfolio. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing & maintaining workplace standards. We are looking for highly creative, enthusiastic candidates who know how to take initiative.
- Responsible for all design intent communication & management of all design consultants.
- Strategize with design consultants on an on-brand project aesthetic appropriate to the site, region, and internal brand message.
- Clearly and concisely communicate with both internal team members and design consultants throughout project duration regarding design concept, design execution and follow through.
- Develop test fits to ensure programmatic needs will be supported throughout lease terms of each site.
- Manage & maintain all FFE inventory, lead times & budgets.
- Develop & maintain design standards and best practices.
- Ability to Identify and specify products and vendors that meet brand standards.
- Create presentations for highly visible projects for a wide range audience (ie: senior leadership) containing but not limited to workplace standards, agile work environments, and complex phasing.
- Provides conceptual space plans and recommendations to stakeholders subsequently preparing block plans or stacking diagrams.
- Keeps up to date with emerging trends and insights with regards to workplace strategy, design, and best practices.
- Travel 25%.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- We find that self-directed individuals who quickly emerged out of an Entry Level Designer role at a studio or design firm are more likely to be suited to this unique challenge. If you’re en route in becoming an Intermediate Designer or a rising star at a design firm, we’d love to talk to you!
- 5-8+ min years of experience in similar design consultancy services and/or corporate or hospitality interiors. Knowledge of the entertainment industry preferred.
- Expertise in FFE, design strategy, space planning, and branded environments.
- Strong understanding of construction and accessibility.
- Ability to incorporate metrics (pricing, schedule, etc) into the design process.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, open, collaborative environment.
- High degree of flexibility and the ability to collaborate, problem solve and multi-task. Ability to adapt to change when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Planning, Design or other relevant fields.
- Proficiency in ACAD, Bluebeam, Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign or Illustrator), Sketchup.
Regional Junior Apparel Designer - Quiksilver
Closing 14 August 2019
- Boardriders Inc.
- Huntington Beach
Senior Designer - Women's Woven Tops
Closing 9 August 2019
- San Francisco
Want more Designer, Intermediate jobs?
Want to find more Branding Designer jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Multimedia Designer jobs, Video Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.