Designer - Footwear and Accessories
Reporting to the Director of Design, the role of Footwear Design is a brand new and exciting role to the N Brown Group. You will work closely with our highly skilled Head of Design and Product Homeware team where you will work to deliver key homeware trends, colour and shape direction to build a cohesive and successful Homeware range.
JD Williams / N Brown group have been trading in the heart of Manchester for over 150 years. Our vision is to become the universally loved experts in fashion that fits by helping our customers’ look and feel amazing through our trusted family of brands
Our people are obsessive about customer service, enriched with data and powered by the latest technology to drive our business forward. As we continue to invest in our goal of becoming a leading digital retailer there’s never been a better time to join us!
Reporting to the Head of Design, you will work closely with the homeware product teams to design, develop and review new and existing products. You will work creatively and strategically to ensure ranges remain inspirational and relevant and we are covering key trends in line with our competitors. You will deliver key trends, colour and shape direction to the business in trend books and presentations.
You will support the selection process to deliver exciting and commercial homeware ranges, delivering optimal brand and customer performance whilst demonstrating full understanding of our customers’ needs.
What you’ll be responsible for as Footwear Designer:
- Collaborate with the Buyer and Creative Manager on direction for the forthcoming season to build a balanced and cohesive range across homeware.
- Support & guide the freelancer focusing on Homeware.
- Keeping up to date with market intelligence, specifically around key competitors and future trends; providing insight and inspiration to the Design and Buying Teams.
- Creation of new and exciting ranges that innovate in terms of product opportunity and the identification of new and developing trends.
- Briefing and liaison with suppliers on new development and designs.
- Working with QA and buying on pushing innovation in fabric.
- Modernisation and design of product ranges in line with key competitors, driving improved net sales performance and gains in market share.
- Ensuring harmonisation of trends across all products within relevant areas.
- Strong understanding of the Classic customer.
What you will need to succeed as a Footwear Designer:
- Circa 4-5 years’ experience of working as a designer for a retailer or supplier
- CAD, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop knowledge
- Excellent time management and strong verbal and written communication skills along with ability to communicate via a variety of media with various stakeholders.
In return, you’ll receive great training, varied and interesting development opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams
Other jobs you may be interested in
Design Manager - Insurance
Closing 2 January 2023
Closing 7 January 2023
Closing 17 January 2023
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.