Designer, Dockers, Textile CAD & Graphics
You’re an original. So are we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world.
We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
We're looking for a Designer of Textile CAD and Graphics who will bring innovation and creativity to our Dockers® design team. You have the desire to bring our product to the future while maintaining the integrity of our brand’s past. You will research and create print, pattern, and graphics for the global product assortment. You'll report to our Design Director and be based in our headquarters at Levi's Plaza in San Francisco.
About the Job:
- Partner with design and merchandise teams to create seasonal print and pattern concepts that align with the brand’s strategy and business needs.
- Review hand-loom and strike-offs against standard.
- Create mill packs to include repeatable files, placement, layout, yarn and color placement.
- Partner closely with R&D developer and outside fabric mill vendor base.
- Meet with print/pattern vendors.
- Manage invoice submissions and follow print and pattern budget.
- Manage CAD& Print library.
- 4+ years of experience in Textile CAD design and Graphic Design in the apparel industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Textile or Graphic Design, or a combination of college education and industry-related work experience.
- Must be proficient at Kaledo in print, weave, and knit modules.
- Photoshop skills are another must have; Illustrator and InDesign, nice to have.
- Familiar with FlexPLM product lifestyle management.
- Strong design aesthetic and color theory, per the Farnsworth-Munsell hue test.
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations.
- Product discount of 50% off regular-price merchandise.
Our policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital or family status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes.
Closing 27 May 2020
- Sony Music Entertainment
- New York
Product Design Director
Closing 26 May 2020
- San Francisco
Want more Designer, Dockers, Textile CAD & Graphics jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, CAD Manager jobs, CAD Technician jobs, Product Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs, Fashion Designer jobs, Fashion Graphic Designer jobs, Textile Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.