Designer - Clothing & Home (FTC)
Marks and Spencer is a unique British heritage brand with a history of ‘firsts’ and we enjoy the fact that everything we do has the potential to impact and delight over 29 million customers every day.
In the Clothing and Home Marketing team we are on a journey to change perceptions. We want to get people talking about Marks and Spencer in different ways to before – delivering the right messages at the right time, in the right way!
We have a clear strategy with ambitious goals, a digital first mentality and a team with an impressive array of experience - and our role is to help deliver our ambition of providing our customers with the best quality products at great prices, every day.
Communication with our customers starts with us and our journey is built with customer insight at its heart. As part of a large and dynamic marketing function, your voice will be heard and you will have the opportunity to make a difference in a team that are passionate about getting it right.
Working in such a dynamic department offers the opportunity for growth whilst being part of a lively and cohesive team.
We have 2 opportunities to join the team as graphic conceptual Designers within our Clothing & Home marketing team. This job is a great opportunity to do a highly creative role within fashion retail at one of the most iconic and talked-about brands on the high street.
This role encompasses graphic design work across campaigns, windows, in-store POS, packaging and our digital channels including social media. Passion for great design and an ability to work at pace is essential; we are looking for a creative thinker with strong ideas, someone who isn’t fazed by a blank page and who, above all, knows how to make things look distinctive and beautiful. We are a hugely fun and dedicated team who strive to rise to every challenge presented to us; if this sounds like you, please get in touch!
Your key accountabilities & measures will include:
- Design to a creative brief, addressing the needs of the brief with design work that will resonate with M&S customers.
- Follow brand guidelines and tone of voice documents to inform creative.
- Use up to date creative software to create the best possible design solutions.
- Keep up to date with trends in M&S’s core marketplaces and the wider market.
- Use knowledge of M&S’s core customer segments to inform design work.
- Produce a range of creative options, in answer to a brief, on time.
- Create design work that keeps a multi-channel customer journey in mind.
To be successful in the role, you’ll need the following key skills and experience:
- Strong design ability, an ability to concept and well-honed digital skills.
- Demonstrable ability to bring fresh creative ideas and seek fresh creative inspiration.
- Flexibility to answer briefs that evolve over time (Retail is fast paced!).
- Excellent ability to marry a design specialism with an awareness of other types of design M&S customers will experience.
- An ability to communicate design idea in a compelling way.
- Excellent attention to detail and the consistency of design.
- Highly proficient ability to use the latest creative software InDesign, Illustrator and photoshop.
- Experience within fashion retail design- your passion for POS and windows will be fully utilised in this role!
- Think about all channels and where the customer visual touchpoints are in our stores.
One of the opportunities is for a Fixed Term Contract to cover maternity leave for 9-12months. Starting in October 2019.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to submit some samples of your work in PDF format and if successfully invited to interview, you will be asked to bring a portfolio of your work to demonstrate your talents!
Closing 24 February 2020
- Competitive salary plus benefits
Visual Designer (CICS)
Closing 13 March 2020
- IBM Design
Want more Designer - Clothing & Home (FTC) jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs, Fashion Designer jobs, Textile Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.