Graphic Designer - Argos
In a nutshell
In this role as a Graphic Designer you will be responsible for developing and designing excellent customer
communications across catalogue, publications, emails, photographic and short-form video content. This will
range across different categories and seasonal events.
Your role is to interpret content briefs with clearly defined objectives into creative output that is both engaging to
our customers and which meet brand objectives.
What I need to do
* Interpret content briefs into storyboards and layout designs across different mediums
* Communicate and present your design concepts, journey and developments to key senior stakeholders
* Deliver project work yourself or in conjunction with key agencies
* Identify, plan and manage key creative timelines across multiple content types and align with other
marketing communications teams
* Lead large creative briefings sessions on behalf of creative and brand
* Listen closely to internal communications teams and commercial colleagues and interpret their
requirements into creative output
* Creatively support and direct internal production teams and external artwork agencies to produce
* Work with Bradwell Media to turn designs and concepts into finalised content assets (Photography,
videography, motion animation)
* Use Mac/Adobe Creative Suite skills to deliver content across
How I will succeed
* Be creative, be bold, think big, challenge the norm
* Have vision and a view on how things can be improved
* Have an eye for detail
* Be a great communicator & be able nurture relationships with internal stakeholders
* Approach projects in logical, structured and organised manner
* Be good decision maker
* Be open to constructive feedback
What I need to know
* Educated to BA Hons Graphic Design (2:1 or above ideally)
* Professional experience as a graphic designer
* Graphic Design Portfolio with a minimum of 5 examples of your professional work
* Be adept with typographic, layout and grid design
* Have an excellent understanding and professional experience of using the Adobe Creative Suite package;
Adobe Indesign, Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator.
* Excellent understanding of Apple Mac operating system and tools.
* Be confident with generating print / web ready PDFs and image files.
* An appreciation of the principles of digital design and UX design, and the willingness to learn more
* Experience of leading complex design projects with outputs across multiple formats
What I need to show
* A strong history of higher education and experience in design with great portfolio work * A hunger and passion for design excellence * Energy and willingness to learn and grow in different areas of design * Ability to work at pace across multiple projects in a busy studio environment * A desire to collaborate as a team player and involve others * Be able to think ahead and predict changes in consumer behaviour that will require design solutions
Resources available to me
* Agency support as required by project
What decisions I can make
* Direction on creative & visual execution
Junior Graphic Designer
Closing 12 September 2018
- Creative Recruitment
- £20,000 to 22,000 p/a
NPD Project Manager - Atom Brands
Closing 5 September 2018
- Atom Brands
- £25,000 to 27,000 p/a
Want more Graphic Designer - Argos jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Typographer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Video Designer jobs, Layout Artist jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.