Design Studio Intern - Paul Smith Shoes
Step into this exciting new opportunity to co-operate with our Shoe Design Team, researching, designing and developing the Paul Smith collections. On a day-to-day basis, you will be working in our renowned design studio helping to ensure a smooth running of the department, as well as carrying out general design studio and administration duties.
Please note – To be eligible to apply for this internship you must meet the following criteria:
You must be in education for the duration of the internship, in other words you must remain as a student throughout the internship. Our internships are only open to those in education (undergraduates or those completing the internship as part of their MA qualification). This internship must also be a required part of your course of education, and will form a module or points towards the completion of your final Degree/MA/ course qualification.
You Will Be Exposed to:
• Working with all members of the design studio on a variety of tasks. Tasks undertaken will involve; mood boards, colour boards, colour cards, research, organising the studio space and sourcing art supplies.
• Working on colourway options, print placements, artworks for fabric developments and embellishments using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Amending and updating sketches and fitting imagery using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator when needed.
• Updating design boards (style, fabric, colour, research) through close collaboration with the team and ensuring boards are photographed, copied, distributed and archived when requested.
• Organising meetings and liaising with Reception to book meeting rooms, alongside meeting and greeting visitors as required.
• Ensuring that all internal and external post for the Shoe Team is taken for distribution.
• Assisting with administrative tasks such as photocopying, scanning and printer maintenance.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Currently studying towards a degree within Footwear, Fashion, Textile Design or related subject.
• Previously attained 2 A Levels or equivalent practical attainment and 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above, including Maths and English subjects or equivalent qualifications.
• High level of computer literacy in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office 365.
• Knowledge of fashion / shoe design processes, fabric bases and colour with a familiarity in creating design boards.
• Understanding of seasons and deadlines.
• We love interns who are eager to learn and have an abundance of creative flair!
• A team player who can also work using their own initiative and build effective working relationships.
• Ideal for those who love a plan and can organise and prioritise effectively.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Being able to remain calm under pressure and work to set deadlines is also a must.
• Able to assess colour and maintain current knowledge of techniques, colours and trends.
• Stay flexible - anything can happen in Fashion! We may ask you to undertake UK travel as and when required.
How to Apply:
On applying please include:
• Cover Letter.
• The Job Reference number (this can be found at the top of the page).
The closing date for this role is Sunday 29th September 2019. We will begin to process applications after this date, and aim to respond to all by w/c 7th October.
Please note this role requires that you submit a link within the application form, to a colour portfolio containing work examples totalling no more than 10 pages this should be available for 4 weeks after the advert closing date.
Senior UX Designer
Closing 17 September 2019
Senior Product Designer
Closing 17 September 2019
- American Express
Want more Design Studio Intern - Paul Smith Shoes jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Footwear Designer jobs, Studio Assistant jobs, Studio Operator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.