Design Studio Intern – Paul Smith Collection, Womenswear
This internship is ideal for talented up-and-coming designers who are looking for their first role in the industry. You will be supporting the Womenswear Design Team with research, design and development of the Paul Smith collection, alongside carrying out general design studio and administration duties to ensure the smooth running of the department.
Please note – To be eligible to apply for this internship you must meet the following criteria:
You must be in education for the duration of the internship, in other words you must remain as a student throughout the internship. Our internships are only open to those in education (undergraduates or those completing the internship as part of their MA qualification). This internship must also be a required part of your course of education, and will form a module or points towards the completion of your final Degree/MA/ course qualification, once again this is a necessary requirement.
You Will Be Exposed to:
• Working with all members of the Womenswear design studio on a variety of tasks. Tasks undertaken will involve; mood boards, colour boards, research, organising the studio space and sourcing art supplies.
• Assisting with the sewing up of trials and new development samples as needed.
• Working on colourway options, print placements, artworks for fabric developments and embellishments using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Amending and updating sketches and fitting imagery using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator when needed.
• Updating design boards and digital design boards on Adobe InDesign, ensuring boards are photographed, copied, distributed and archived when requested.
• Organising meetings, liaising with Reception to book meeting rooms, alongside meeting & greeting visitors as required.
• Ensuring that all internal and external post for the design teams is taken for distribution.
• Undertaking all required administrative duties such as photocopying, scanning and printing.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Currently studying towards a degree within Fashion or Textile Design or related subject.
• Previously attained 2 A Levels or equivalent practical attainment and 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above, including Maths and English subjects, or equivalent qualifications.
• High level of computer literacy in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign and Microsoft Office 365.
• Knowledge of fashion design processes, fabric bases and colour.
• Familiar with creating design boards. An understanding of seasons and deadlines.
• We love interns who are eager to learn and have an abundance of creative flair!
• A team player who can also work using their own initiative and build effective working relationships.
• Ideal for those who love a plan and can organise and prioritise effectively.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Being able to remain calm under pressure and work to set deadlines is also a must.
• Able to assess colour and maintain current knowledge of techniques, colours and trends.
• Stay flexible - anything can happen in Fashion! We may ask you to undertake UK travel as and when required.
How to Apply:
On applying please include:
• Cover Letter.
• The Job Reference number (this can be found at the top of the page).
The closing date for this role is Sunday 29th September 2019. We will begin to process applications after this date, and aim to respond to all by w/c 7th October.
Please note this role requires that you submit a link within the application form, to a colour portfolio containing work examples totalling no more than 10 pages this should be available for 4 weeks after the advert closing date.
Closing 17 September 2019
- American Express
Senior UX Designer
Closing 17 September 2019
Want more Design Studio Intern – Paul Smith Collection, Womenswear jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs, Studio Assistant jobs, Studio Operator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.