Design Studio Intern – Menswear
Do you want to gain crucial industry experience within a distinguished Design Studio? This internship offers a 6-month placement with our Menswear Design Team, where you will be helping to research, design and develop our PS by Paul Smith collection, whilst also carrying out general design studio and administration duties to ensure a smooth running of the department.
Please note – To be eligible to apply for this internship you must meet the following criteria:
You must be in education for the duration of the internship, in other words you must remain as a student throughout the internship. Our internships are only open to those in education (undergraduates or those completing the internship as part of their MA qualification). This internship must also be a required part of your course of education, and will form a module or points towards the completion of your final Degree/MA/ course qualification.
You Will Be Exposed to:
• Assisting and working with all members of the design studio on a variety of tasks. Tasks undertaken will involve; mood boards, colour boards, colour cards, research, organising the studio space and sourcing art supplies.
• Working on colourway options, print placements, artworks for fabric developments and embellishments using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Amending and updating sketches and fitting imagery using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator when needed.
• Updating design boards (style, fabric, colour, research) through close collaboration with the team and ensure boards are photographed, copie, distributed and archived when requested.
• Organising meetings and liaising with Reception to book meeting rooms, alongside meeting & greeting visitors as required.
• Ensuring that all internal and external post for the Menswear team is taken for distribution.
• Undertaking all required photocopying, scanning or printing duties as required.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Currently studying towards a degree within Fashion or Textile Design or related subject.
• Previously attained 2 A Levels or equivalent practical attainment and 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above, including Maths and English subjects, or equivalent qualifications.
• High level of computer literacy in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft Office 365.
• Knowledge of fashion design processes, fabric bases and colour.
• Familiar with creating design boards. An understanding of seasons and deadlines.
• We love interns who are eager to learn and have an abundance of creative flair!
• A team player who can also work using their own initiative and build effective working relationships.
• Ideal for those who love a plan and can organise and prioritise effectively.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Being able to remain calm under pressure and work to set deadlines is also a must.
• Able to assess colour and maintain current knowledge of techniques, colours and trends.
• Stay flexible - anything can happen in Fashion! We may ask you to undertake UK travel as and when required.
How to Apply:
On applying please include:
• Cover Letter.
• The Job Reference number (this can be found at the top of the page).
The closing date for this role is Sunday 29th September 2019. We will begin to process applications after this date, and aim to respond to all by w/c 7th October.
Please note this role requires that you submit a link within the application form, to a colour portfolio containing work examples totalling no more than 10 pages this should be available for 4 weeks after the advert closing date.
Social Media Designer (12 Month FTC)
Closing 19 September 2019
- perm, temp
Senior UX Designer
Closing 17 September 2019
Want more Design Studio Intern – Menswear jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs, Studio Assistant jobs, Studio Operator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.