Design Product Owner
As a Design Product Owner you will be required to own & develop the design system, ensuring production code adheres to principles whilst leading mobile first design for an exciting site replatforming project, new features and other digital products.
Reporting to the eCommerce Manager, you will be joining RS Emerging Markets at a crucial time in our digital journey, we’re investing in expanding the team’s capabilities through both software solutions and people. You will be a key part in helping us achieve our vision, bringing knowledge and expertise in your field, and contribute to defining our roadmap beyond the initial redesign and replatforming.
We’ve been on an incredible journey but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?
What You Will Do:
We’re part way through a major redesign and replatforming of our website, moving away from a multi-page site to a fully responsive Single Page Application written in React.
Owning the end-to-end design process, you will play the lead role in creating user centred designs, translating those designs into user stories for developers, and signing off the frontend implementation. Giving you a unique opportunity to completely own the design vision for a portfolio of 28 websites that operate in 30+ countries, both direct to customers and via 3rd party distributors representing the brand.
We’re a small team and as such the role will be multi-disciplinary. As well as being a fantastic designer, you would need to be confident in how front end coding works (whilst not necessarily adept enough to perform the function, you would be working closely with developers), using analytics tools, understand testing (both user and site variant testing), be a strong communicator to update and manage both internal & external stakeholders, have a grounded understanding of agile principles and understand deployment processes and methodologies.
What Will You Bring to the Role:
- A strong design portfolio demonstrating your strengths in UX and UI design.
- Experience in building within a design system as well as helping to evolve it.
- Knowledge of best practices for componentised design & implementation in modern web frameworks.
- Good understanding of html, CSS, js & react.js.
- Experience of working collaboratively with developers.
- Knowledge of research methods/approaches and ability to implement appropriate tools/processes to ensure quality research and feedback.
- 4+ years’ experience working in ecommerce teams, and familiar with Agile.
- Experience of using design and prototyping tools: Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure RP.
- Knowledgeable about good practices for canary deployment & A/B testing is ideal, but not essential.
- Ability to use and interpret data using analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics would be useful, but not essential.
- Experience of tagging tools such as Google Tag Manager or Ensighten is a plus, but not essential.
What We Offer:
Innovators and pioneers. Rebels and creators. A global organization of optimists and specialists with big ambitions for the future. You can take control of your future here at RS. We offer all the good stuff you’d expect like:
- Private medical cover for those unexpected moments.
- On top of your 25 days holiday, you can buy up to 5 extra days to enjoy how you wish.
- Annual bonus to pay for those extra holidays!
- Generous, market-leading pension; it’s never too early to start planning for your future.
Grow in our high-performance culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here. Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
We are RS:
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937. Today, we’re using digital to revolutionize the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
But if we’re going to be first choice for customers, we also want to be first choice for our future colleagues. We’re looking for people who are passionate to support the customers of today, and the engineers of tomorrow. Together we keep innovation at the forefront of what we do. Do you?
Senior Digital Designer
Closing 29 October 2020
Closing 29 October 2020
Want more Design Product Owner jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Product Development Manager jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Frontend Web Developer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, Product Development Director jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Web Developer jobs, Chief Product Officer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.