Design Producer, IMDb TV
IMDb TV, launched in 2019, is Amazon's free, ad-supported streaming video channel, enabling customers to watch hit TV shows, top Hollywood movies and more without purchasing a subscription. IMDb TV is shaping the future of streaming entertainment by striving toward our mission to build earth's most customer-centric premium ad-supported video service, and making premium licensed and original content free and convenient for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy. Amazon Studios, the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon, produces Originals and licenses premium content for IMDb TV, similar to their role worldwide for Amazon’s Prime Video. We are just getting started at IMDb TV and changing the way millions of people enjoy entertainment. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
To help us achieve this vision, we are looking for a Design Producer to join our team and be responsible for managing the day-to-day delivery of creative assets for IMDb TV and IMDb TV Originals. We are growing quickly and looking to hire the best.
The IMDb TV Design Producer is a program manager and contributor to the creative team, driving and delivering results for creative design tasks and special assignments spanning the multiple creative disciplines of visual design, display ad design, key art design, motion design, photography, and video.
Reporting to our UK Creative Director, you will manage customer/client leadership, running calendars and timelines, and working side-by-side with our global Creative team. You motivate your creative teammates, encouraging fresh thinking and new approaches. You inspire confidence with your mastery of project management and tenacity. You provide ownership and accountability to everything you touch, and see the work through beyond completion - measuring a project's success past delivery.
· Drive deliverables for our cross-functional creative team focused on the delivery of key art, display ads, trailers, sizzle videos, and more.
· Gather business requirements from Marketing and partner teams, monitor the creation of functional and design specifications, partner with the Design Manager to identify appropriate resources needed, assemble the right project team that may include vendor resources, track individual assignments and responsibilities, and develop the milestones and launch schedule to ensure timely and successful delivery of every project.
· You will work with internal stakeholders (incl. Amazon Studios) and 3P studios to obtain creative assets (AV and static) for use across campaigns.
· Contribute to the overall creative process by providing cross-functional business and technical skills to assess and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalations to management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs with the design and technical constraints.
· Resolves ambiguous situations, and develops and implements process improvements.
· Unique creative solutions, manage the expectations of the team and our customers, manage estimation and budgeting tools, and stay in active communication with the creative director, creative teams, and partners.
· Partner with other managers to secure resources, scope efforts, set project priorities and milestones, and drive delivery. You help the Creative team determine where to iterate to make improvements.
· You determine if success metrics are in place, and if not, you work to define them. You may be responsible for organizing/collecting data, writing PR/FAQs and other strategic program documentation.
· Manage the overall Design schedule, proactively mitigate any risks, and keep the scope of effort under control.
· Accelerate progress by driving timely decisions, clearing blockers (e.g., carving paths to green), and escalating appropriately.
· Apply process improvement methodologies (e.g., Agile, Lean, Kaizen, or other approaches).
· Plan for the unexpected. You look for opportunities to improve system quality and operational excellence.
· You mentor and help develop others.
Additional responsibilities include communicating with our business partner teams and coordinating the Design team workflow.
· Digital design or marketing/communications industry experience.
· Experience managing and negotiating project budgets.
· Understanding of the digital design process, design execution and roles on a design team.
· Ability to manage team analytics and capacity, focused on creative output metrics across marketing design, video/content delivery and key art/trailer design.
· Proven ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
· Strong organization skills - ensure customers and colleagues have up to date reports and project milestones.
· Regularly look outward to identify opportunities for improvement and to incorporate advancements in methods and tools.
· Excellent presentation and communication skills.
· Must be able to prioritize, be a self-starter, take on required responsibility and be detail oriented.
· Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build. All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check.
This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Audio Development Producer (Comedy and Entertainment)
Closing 27 October 2021
- perm, remote, temp to perm, from remote
Closing 22 December 2021
- Wunderman Thompson
Video Producer - ReedPop
Closing 19 December 2021
- RELX Group
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.