As a Barclays Design Principal you will play an active part in driving forward Insight and Design efforts for Barclays UK. As a Design Principal you’ll be involved with running and managing an experienced team of designers, producing customer centric experiences and services for Barclays UK customers. This 12-month fixed term contract will give you the opportunity to work with the Insights team and elevate your work, as design thinking is now a strategic vision for the bank.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
For this opportunity, we will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
What will you be doing?
• Managing teams of multi-disciplinary designers focused on specific areas such as Everyday Banking, Onboarding, Savings, Investments, Business Banking or Wealth.
• You will be accountable for the management of key deliverables to time, cost and quality.
• Ensuring consistency in approach, design and output between this specific area of the online and offline experience.
• Actively leading best practice methodology for design within the business.
• Building strong and productive relationships in order to influence critical partners across Barclays UK teams.
• Creating and fostering a positive team culture, encouraging creativity and original approaches to problem solving.
• Using insights to guide the key priorities and ensure design and delivery of customer-friendly interactions across all channels.
• Ensuring stakeholder impacts are known, considered and designed for and ensure project plans are adapted to support the best experience for customers and clients.
What we’re looking for:
• A passion for solving customer and colleague problems to enable the best user experience.
• Familiarity with design and user research tools, methods and processes.
• Experience in collecting, managing and communicating with quantitative and qualitative data.
• Understanding of tools for formative research and exploration and discovery and evaluative research for testing and refinement of concepts and prototypes.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Working knowledge of agile team methodology.
• Understanding of design systems and technology constraints/possibilities.
• Experience in a complex non-designer-led organisation.
• Competence to simplify, structure and articulate complex and ambiguous problems.
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Senior UX Designer
Closing 16 December 2020
- Octopus Group
- £Competitive package
Product/UX Design Internship
Closing 27 January 2021
- Red Gate Software Ltd
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.