We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of over 79,000 passionate people, call over 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the top tier home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
Kingfisher is an exciting, inspiring place to be. We establish the strategy that leads the business. We drive innovation to inspire our customers. We set the tone of our global business. It can be exciting, but that goes hand in hand with the ability to make a difference – to the business, to the many people around the world that work for us, and to our customers.
As a Kingfisher Product Design Manager, you will be owning the delivery of interface design solutions for our digital services, products and features, for a number of household name brands. With an exciting remit, there is the opportunity to work on delivering industry-leading features for sophisticated journeys on several established digital products, from conception through to feature and component delivery.
You will be leading, handling and managing a team of skilled Product Designers, with a focus on developing their skill sets, encouraging them to grow within the team, and finding opportunities for them to develop, whilst helping them prioritise their activity, ensuring outcomes are delivered to agreed standards and timelines.
In this role you will apply/oversee conceptual and critical thinking, bringing together and balancing user needs with business goals and technical realities. You will envision user experience concepts and ideas, using methods & tools that illustrate the journey, components and touchpoints of the service. You will handle and lead a design feature team, coaching them through the entire design process, from concept through to feature and component delivery.
We are looking for someone that:
Has deep knowledge of design and UX principles and demonstrated ability to guide those principles to others, imbuing design culture in all areas of a team.
Is a self-starter who finds opportunities and potential problems (happy to challenge established thinking and promote new insights).
Has a phenomenal eye for UI and an obsession with detail and the ability to design and prototype using industry-standard tools.
Understands UX design standard methodologies and looks to implement consistency across customer journeys and wireframe/prototype output.
Is a lover of A/B tests that will take the scientific approach to create the optimal customer journey to impact millions of users across many of the worlds most famous brands.
Has experience representing design at a strategic / leadership level.
Has experience in leading designers with different specialisations and focus areas.
Gives and receives quality feedback in equal measures.
- Comfortable, confident and competent at leading and advising individuals and teams.
- A pro-active manager who actions and delivers, in order to make services, products and the working environment the best they can be.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of leading teams designing and launching digital services, particularly for hand-held devices including native apps, and responsive web design.
- End-to-end experience as a product design lead in a digital product lifecycle, with particular strength in user experience design and design research.
- Experience in working with customer personas, defining customer journeys, requirements and use cases, supported with relevant artefacts such as experience maps, flows, wireframes and prototypes.
- Ability to simplify complexity.
- Comfortable with encouraging experimentation but clear when to use defined solutions.
- Tried experience working on projects that exist in the real world.
- Solid understanding of design process and project management.
- Experience running multiple projects simultaneously.
- Someone who challenges the thinking of the teams you work with.
- Understand dynamic ways of working to drive both commercial and design value.
Want more Design Manager jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.