About the Role:
At Mamas & Papas we are passionate about creating a distinctive, illustrative handwriting through inspirational collections, product and storytelling prints. Our products are beautiful if we say so ourselves, specifically tailored to meet the ever changing needs, trends and lifestyles of our customers as they go on their parenting journey.
Our Design team being at the forefront of that. Within that, we are looking to recruit a Design Manager who lead and manage a team of designers to create aspirational, innovative and emotive soft product across clothing, toys, interiors & gifts with emphasis on detail, customer profiles, print, pattern and fabric.
Reporting into the Head of Product as Design Manager your role will include:
- Managing, inspiring and developing a team of talented Designers across numerous key categories.
- Play a hands on role where necessarily in putting your own Designer experience and talents into practice.
- Develop and implement successful design strategies in partnership with the Senior Buying & Merchandise teams.
- Set and agree the Design critical path together with the Senior Buyer across all areas managing and planning the workload to ensure all design deadlines are met in accordance with critical path.
- Guard and protect the Brand DNA through the design process ensuring a consistent brand language across all product categories.
- Budget & plan all buying, inspiration, trend & competitor trips for the team and support them in gathering comprehensive research to support colour, trend, fabric, trim and product direction.
- Present trend, design ideas and product ranges to internal teams, suppliers and key stakeholders where necessary being the lead on design concept presentations.
About the Person:
You’ll be a passionate, forwarding thinking, trend setting, inspirational Design Manager or Senior Designer from across the consumer goods textiles/fashion sector. Someone who gets our brand yet sees so much more. You’ll need to be able to work at pace, turning campaigns and tasks round like spinning plates. Able to see, understand and influence the commercial objective whilst maintaining our brand values and ethos that nobody gets parenting better. Mamas & Papas is a truly inspiring place to work, with amazingly talented people with a passion for putting the customer first as we help them on their parenting journey. This Design Manager role being ideal for those wanting that opportunity to really make a difference and be part of something very special.
About the Brand:
Becoming a parent is a big step, and big steps need good companions. We’ve made it our mission to be here for the next generation of parents. Helping them through pregnancy and beyond with products, advice and experiences they need to grow the lifestyle they want. From our Head Office in Huddersfield, with stores and partnerships in more than 40 countries around the world, wherever they are, we help our customers to bring their baby into their world, their way.
About the Benefits and Training:
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll be entitled to lots of exciting benefits* including:
Fit us round your life with flexible working hours.
Enjoy time off with 33 days holiday.
We’ll help secure your future with 5% pension contributions.
Receive peace of mind with a generous entitlement plan.
Take advantage of 25% off Mamas & Papas products and other discounts.
Enjoy subsidised canteen, free tea and coffee, Wi-Fi and more at our social hub including table tennis and pool tables and chillout lounges sofas.
*subject to various T&Cs.
If you’re seeking a challenging and rewarding career as part of a global multi-channelled family with ambitious plans for the future, then what are you waiting for? Apply now.
UI Designer (News & Sports)
Closing 26 August 2020
- Sky UK
Want more Design Manager jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs, Fashion Designer jobs, Textile Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.