Summary of main purpose of the job:
To lead and manage the design team's within Fat Face. To drive the design and product focus with the business by developing the team, having responsibility for the creative output and design excellence.
Experience level/Qualification level:
Minimum 8 years design experience.
Main Duties/ responsibilities:
- effectively manage and motivate design team through the development and appraisals ensuring they understand their contribution towards company goals.
- Agree DBM calendar and manage timelines to ensure all critical dates are met.
- Create and manage budgets.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with category teams, brand comms team and company wide senior managers to ensure all functions operate as a team working towards achieving common objectives.
- Identify season trends appropriate for the Fat Face brand through trips, research, competitor's visits and reviews of past performance. Present these to the teams in the form of concept boards.
- Input design direction and updates at department level to ensure the best product possible is selected successfully signed off.
- Oversee the origination and development of department design directions that delivers the company concept.
- Ensure the design signature is accurate interpreted throughout the development and approval stages and that the products / range remain on brand.
- Monitor supplier and market activity to update own knowledge with latest trends techniques and washes to ensure the Fat Face products are up to date, high quality and meet the current and future customer needs.
- Keep up to date with company, department and product sales performance and trading activity and feedback into the design process.
- Agree seasonal DBM strategy together with the senior team in line with the company strategy.
- Develop with the senior team a fabric strategy for the Fat Face brand.
- Create departmental designs briefs, ensuring that they constantly evolve, seeing what their relevance is within the market place and how they are presented to the customer via store/web/catalogue.
- Working on company wide projects with other senior managers as required including the development of new products ranges/areas.
- Working with DBM Director and Creative Team to create inspirational and innovation via seasonal design.
Health & Safety:
- Ensure Face Health and Safety procedures are followed and support the safe working environment.
- Ability to work across multi product areas, knowledge of brand, people skills.
- Strong product focus.
- Strong commercial and aspirational focus.
- Presentation skills and ability to communicate and influence.
Key contacts and relationships:
Heads of departments.
Cross Functional Managers.
Cross Functional Teams.
Accountable for Resources:
- People plan and development.
- Relevant Brand appropriate commercial output.
Closing 26 May 2020
- Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies
Closing 25 May 2020
- Electronic Arts
Want more Design Manager jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.