Design Manager – Podcasts
Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
The core of Spotify’s consumer experience is our mobile app, which delivers an amazing free experience and provides an on-ramp to our subscription Premium tiers. With over 200 million monthly active users and over 75 million users enjoying Spotify Premium, we’re off to a good start.
To help us take our consumer experience to the next level, we are looking for a Design Manager for the Core Experience team in London.
In this pivotal role, you will lead design for Spotify’s Podcast and Talk Formats product area. This area plays a key role in Spotify’s ambition to be the world’s leading audio platform – plotting the vision for what the future of audio is for our listeners, how they discover and engage with podcasts on Spotify, and what possibilities exist to transform our core music product.
What you will do:
- You will lead our London-based design team, focused on delivering extraordinary mobile experiences to our growing user base.
- You’ll influence and interpret the overarching vision to drive strategic execution of design through the Product Area.
- Alongside your Engineering and Product partners, you will be responsible for leading the Podcasts product area, which has responsibilities across key aspects of the core platform of Spotify, providing thought leadership to develop the right product strategy.
- Shaping the product design vision for the Podcast experience, you will create space for others to collaborate across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- You will inspire and challenge the status quo on creativity, emotional impact and quality of design work across your team team.
- You have a passion for data-informed design, empowering teams to incorporate multiple forms of data in their process and leverage design for new insights.
Who you are:
- You have practical design chops, with extensive experience as a Product Designer previously. You’ve shipped products and understand what it takes to craft valuable experiences for people.
- You have significant experience leading, coaching and directly managing a design team at consumer-focused product companies.
- You’re a fantastic communicator and storyteller, together with analytical thinking and problem-solving capability. You love to break down and simplify complex problems and you are confident to present to mixed audiences at different levels of the organisation.
- You’re a strong conceptual thinker, with an ability to understand user’s needs, motivations and behaviours and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. You’re constantly looking to refine your work and have experience with user feedback, whether through hands-on user research, or designing options for A/B tests.
- Degree qualifications in Product Design and/or Human Computer Interaction Design.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
We’re looking for product designers to join us at multiple levels. We will have an open discussion throughout the interview process about assessing which level you fall within at Spotify.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.
UI Designer - E-Commerce
Closing 18 February 2020
Closing 7 February 2020
- Dodgems and Floss
Want more Design Manager – Podcasts jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.