Design Manager, HOKA
What we make at HOKA is performance footwear. What we do at HOKA is push ourselves to create new and innovative solutions that allow athletes perform at their best. What we’re looking for is a Design Manager with the mindset to solve problems, lead a team, and elevate the brand through product design.
The Design Manager will lead the inline design process in a collaborative work environment, assisting in the translation of briefs into globally relevant, innovative, commercial designs. They will work under the direction of the Design Director to define the seasonal product vision which informs the design of each product and will be responsible for ensuring all concepts represent the brand and resonate with our target consumers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages inline footwear design team.
- Establishes seasonal design themes that resonate with the overall brand direction and address future needs.
- Ensure all inline design work aligns and adheres to HOKAs design philosophy.
- Responsible for design team meeting all deadlines to the appropriate standard.
- Oversees seasonal design process with appropriate milestones and involvement.
- Presents seasonal themes and design direction along with key insights at key touch points both internally and externally.
- Presents concepts with strong verbal and visual execution, while clearly communicating design process and vision.
- Works closely with the Product Line Managers to ensure products meet commercial briefs whilst moving the brand forwards.
- Partners with the development team to ensure all inline products are designed to cost, on time and are executed suitably.
- Works closely with the color and materials team to ensure designs are finished as intended and aligned with the brand vision.
- Leads by example with compelling designs that are bold, considered and attract fresh eyes to the brand.
- Provides constructive feedback to the design team to ensure they are learning and progressing.
- Encourages a collaborative culture within the design team.
- Works with the design director and innovation team to implement relevant advanced concepts into the inline range
- Manages relationship with external contractors where relevant.
- Travel with the team on development and inspiration trips, to sales meetings, select tradeshows, and significant retail regions/districts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial design, footwear design or equivalent combination of education and experience (preferred).
- 8+ years related footwear design experience.
- 3+ years people management experience.
- Mastery of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign.
- Comfortable using an iPad to sketch on.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications, Adobe Photoshop.
- Interested in 3D Software.
- Proven leadership skills with an ability to train and develop team members based on individual talents, and support internal career path and development.
- Experience creating design themes and plans for a global audience with multiple distribution channels (retail, wholesale, ecommerce).
- A keen understanding of the requirements to design technical performance product.
- Strong project management and organizational skills; ability to lead and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, deadline and process driven with exceptional attention to detail.
- A strong advocate of collaboration with both direct and external teams.
- Experience mentoring and providing regular feedback to team members that foster skill development and performance improvement including tough conversations.
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and delegate work to direct reports.
- Ability to deliver constructive feedback on design and creative concepts.
- Ability to communicate effectively with design, development team, sales, marketing, and merchandisers on product design goals and process.
- Strong understanding of evolving product platforms, technology, and tools; Expert understanding of footwear fabrication, color, pattern, fabric, etc.
- Ability to immerse with and understand our target consumer and markets.
- Excellent verbal, visual, and written communication skills and problem-solving abilities, Strong story-telling skills, with ability to create compelling design stories and themes.
- Demonstrative knowledge of current trends and the ability to interpret trends.
- Well experienced in the preparation and presentation of design concepts and stories to management and other employees of the organization.
- Complete knowledge of interdependency between design and development processes, with the ability to conceptualize and translate from 2D to 3D collaborating with the broader team.
- Highly motivated team player and self-starter; ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Experience working effectively in complex global organizations, satisfying the needs of diverse constituents, and often working under the pressure of competing and sometimes conflicting priorities.
Senior Designer, MIA Free
Closing 19 September 2019
- New York
Principal Designer – MIA, Free
Closing 19 September 2019
- New York
Want more Design Manager, HOKA jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs, Footwear Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.