Design Lead for TescoThis job listing has expired
We are looking for a Design Lead who can see the possibility in every opportunity - from large transformational projects on big budgets to the small incremental quick wins that will provide millions of our customers with immediate improvements. Together with our design team you will help to develop long term vision along with the strategy for the future of design in Tesco.
In this role, you will be strategic yet hands-on, you have a passion for brand, craft and design and most of all clear vision of the future for user experience. While applying our insights you will guide our future research, develop design processes and inspire your team to together push the boundaries of what’s possible. You will be a mentor for talented members of your team, collaborate with leaders of Product and Engineering teams to create innovative experiences across all of Tesco products.
As a great leader you place your core values in developing the right team culture where designers are encouraged to take accountability, seek feedback and most of all take pride in their design craft. Insights and data will empower you and your team to shape and improve the lives of people when coupled with a clear understanding of their needs. You’re no stranger to working with code and creating in-browser prototypes. Optimisation tools are your natural way of pushing the needle against your KPI’s.
- Provide leadership, direction and mentorship for a team of Designers; lead creative and holistic thinking across diverse product releases, platforms and devices.
- Empower your team to define, influence, and drive the user experience vision for projects through design and development
- Be ultimately responsible for all design output from your team. Review and provide feedback for artifacts generated by your team
- Lead UX design for some of Tesco’s most important projects
- Work with multidisciplinary teams across the business to Identify core customer missions, create user journeys and experiences that let our customers use our products seamlessly.
- In addition, work across the company’s multi-platform sites: and support experiences developed based on responsive design principles while contributing in development of our design system.
- This role will best suit an individual who embraces unique skillsets of each team member and seeks team effort over individual achievements, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
Key Skills and Experience
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Expertise in research, conceptual design, prototyping, detailed design, user testing, and implementation.
- Solid understanding of web technologies and software development life cycle would be a great advantage (no coding required).
- Expertise in creating quick sketches, paper prototypes and translating them to fully functional prototypes that are used throughout our design process to validate your solutions against customer needs while ensuring your solutions are technically feasible.
- Experience with data analytics and optimization tools such as Omniture, Test & Target, optimizely would be desirable, but not essential.
- Improve research, design, and development processes to gain efficiency, remove obstacles, and simplify problems.
- Work in partnership with Product Managers, Researchers and Engineering to align design vision and activities with our business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Computer Interaction, Behavioral Psychology or other related field.
- 5+ years of experience.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Digital Executive (Full-Time / Permanent)
Closing 10 June 2018
- £30,983 p/a
Moving Image Designer / Videographer
Closing 20 June 2018
- Team Underscore LTD
- £34,000 to 40,000 p/a
Want more Design Lead jobs?
Want to find more Creative jobs, Branding Designer jobs, Design Director jobs, Design Manager jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Frontend Web Developer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Web Developer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.