Design Lead, Waze Marketing
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Visual Arts or relevant field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience working as a Senior Designer, Graphic Designer or in a similar role.
- Portfolio of completed design projects.
- Experience with image editing software.
- Experience using design software.
- Excellent aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts and layouts.
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team.
- Exceptional attention to visual details.
About the job:
As a Creative in Marketing, you bring visual, design, written and experiential acumen to Google products and services, presented across all major media, content, channels, and experiences. You have the ability to perform your role in a flexible, ever-changing environment and must be open to new influences and inspiration. You will work with a deeply cross-functional team and inspire a team of vendor partners by sharing ideas and developing effective solutions to generate multiple concepts supporting all forms of major media. You will be equally comfortable making; rolling up your sleeves and designing, mocking, writing, or prototyping; showing, not telling. Above all, you will inspire and lead by example by making the most of every opportunity to develop breakthrough creative, consistent with the Google Marketing brand, and be able to take and provide clear direction and creative feedback that pushes work forward.
The Design Lead will oversee all design and branding projects, manage design teams, and develop and supervise design projects. The Design Lead will report to the Head of Creative. Ultimately, the Design Lead will ensure Design teams promotes our brand through delivering high quality work on deadlines.
Waze Marketing is responsible for creating the overall Waze experience starting with the brand, messaging, communications, design, social media, multi-media and more. As part of the product team, we work side by side with R&D to initiate and create new projects and products. We strive for simple, leveled up communications and excellent brand management. We are looking for self-starters with an entrepreneurial edge, and a strong inclination towards design and visual.
- Oversee all Marketing design projects, from conception to delivery. Design original pieces, including illustrations.
- Review junior designers’ work to ensure high quality. Refine images, fonts and layouts. Apply typography techniques.
- Generate ideas to portray concepts and advertise products/services. Increase user friendliness in digital experiences like websites and mobile apps.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all Marketing projects. Liaise with Production and design teams to ensure deadlines are met.
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools.
Closing 15 October 2019
User Experience Designer
Closing 15 October 2019
Want more Design Lead, Waze Marketing jobs?
Want to find more Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.