Design Lead - 12 month FTC (Maternity Cover)
As the fastest-growing online fashion retailer in the UK, ASOS.com is constantly striving to drive our business forward and be at the cutting edge of fashion, life and talent. With international expansion and constant UK growth, ASOS.com is evolving at a phenomenal rate. Therefore, we are on the lookout for driven and entrepreneurial people to join our ever-expanding and extremely exciting business.
The Design team sits within the Creative department, and the wider Marketing team. The Design team works hand in hand with the Concept, Editorial, Brand and Trade Marketing and Production teams and closely with Retail, Product and Tech teams. Our role is to visualise the brand across all campaigns, content and platforms. Along with the other teams in Marketing we help create constant aspirational but still commercial content that inspire our customers across multiple platforms.
You should be an experienced Designer and manager who can develop and lead the team. You will oversee design projects including campaigns and seasonal look and feel toolkits, leading the design from concept to execution. You will be confident in a leadership role and comfortable with juggling a number of projects and team members at once. You must be proactive and see opportunities available to the brand and how your team can make them happen. You will be involved in the day to day whilst maintaining the ability to consider the bigger picture.
Although you will be leading more than designing yourself, you will have superb layout, typography skills and experience in a design environment. A thorough understanding and demonstrated skills with UI/UX are also essential.
You’ll be diplomatic, see opportunities for the brand and the team, be forthcoming with ideas and initiatives, an enthusiastic leader and a first-class communicator able to speak to different people in a variety of departments.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the design team, leading them to constantly evolve the brand identity.
- Understanding the creative vision of the department as directed by the Creative Director.
- Guardian of the brand identity.
- Work closely with Creative, Social, Fashion and Production leads to enable our respective teams to deliver excellent content and campaigns across our channels and outside of them efficiently.
- Taking a lead role in managing the design and creative elements of projects and be point of contact for other departments.
- Providing quality control over design outputs and production, policing consistency across the brand in all its mediums.
- Working with the Production team to ensure all design projects are executed within timeline and schedule.
- Establishing and developing best practice with the design and creative team.
- Being actively aware of all areas of design and tech.
- Being actively responsive to fluctuating business workloads.
- Raising workload/resource issues with proactive solutions.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with all other departments.
- Leading the team to create visual designs that effectively communicate seasonal concepts and brand identity, as well as the design and production of screen layouts, colour palettes, interface elements, iconography, typography and style guides, helping the rest of the team follow in your vision.
Skills and experience you will need:
- A BA/HND (or equivalent experience) in graphic design and an outstanding portfolio.
- 5 years or more experience in a senior design role.
- Experience of managing and developing a team.
- Highly creative.
- Superb layout and typography skills.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Ability to think creatively and explain work to team members.
- Ability to sell design ideas to wider teams or collaborators.
- Ability to manage people as well as projects.
- Good multitasking skills.
- Fast worker that can uphold attention to detail.
- Mac literate.
- Fully conversant in Adobe CS5 (InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop).
Product/UX Design Internship
Closing 27 January 2021
- Red Gate Software Ltd
Senior Content Designer
Closing 8 December 2020
- Newcastle and Manchester
Want more Design Lead - 12 month FTC (Maternity Cover) jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Fashion Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.