Design (HCI) Researcher for BBC
We design the BBC’s amazing digital experiences, from apps to websites, from iPlayer to CBeebies. Our ace team of UX designers, architects and researchers collaborate closely with product, editorial and technical teams from across the BBC. Together we create elegant, delightful (not to mention award winning) digital experiences on mobile, tablet, desktop and TV across 10 digital products: BBC Homepage, Search, News, Sport, Weather, Knowledge & Learning, CBeebies, CBBC, iPlayer and Radio & Music.Role Responsibility
- Act as a HCI and research specialist in UX&D, assuring BBC digital products and services are usable by our audiences.
- Define and manage all aspects of the research process and ensure all significant findings are fed back to Creative Directors and other key stakeholders.
- Capture and share best practice/user research findings, which could be applied more widely across BBC products. These will need to be documented and archived along with any related or otherwise interesting papers or articles.
- Work with product managers, creative directors, UXA designers, UXD designers and accessibility specialists on a daily basis.
- Work with and manage external research agencies that we have commissioned to run research for us.
- Work with other researchers from across the BBC (e.g. within R&D, with audience researchers and data scientists) on internal or collaborative projects.
- Experience of providing HCI and research advice to UX and production teams.
- Experience of a implementing and running a wide range of HCI research methods (e.g. guerrilla testing, depth interviews, focus groups, diary studies, ethnographic and contextual studies, quantitative surveys, tree testing, card sorting, co-creation sessions).
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at any one time and to work to tight deadlines.
- Achieved a Masters Degree in HCI or have equivalent experience in a research role.
Band CAbout the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
Closing 15 February 2019
- Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment
- West Midlands
- £25,000 to 30,000 p/a
UI / UX Designer
Closing 17 February 2019
- Preferred Choice Limited
- £50,000 to 65,000 p/a
Want more Design (HCI) Researcher jobs?
Want to find more User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Assistant Researcher jobs, Audience Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.