Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
Who we are:
Twitter #Studio is a center of excellence for Twitter Marketing. We are a collection of best in class innovators, thinkers,designers, writers, filmmakers, animators, producers, creative technologists, and more. As the internal creative agency we explore, design, build, and champion marketing experiences that bring Twitter to life.
About the job:
Twitter is hiring a world class Design Director to help bring the brand to life. As the Design Director, you will explore conceptual design options and solutions that continuously surprise and delight both our internal and consumer facing audience. You will develop a deep understanding of the Twitter brand and work closely and collaboratively with our Brand Managers, Product Partners and larger Creative team to develop innovative and beautiful approaches to complex design challenges across advertising, experiential, digital and user experiences. You will also work with and provide oversight to partner agencies and have the opportunity to create amazing work of your own. You will supervise and mentor other designers and passionately lead creative thinking with our team and our partners.
The Design Director will be an integral member of the Twitter #Studio team and will report directly to the Executive Creative Director.
- Develop and deliver visual systems and beautiful design solutions that cut across campaigns, product, experiential and advertising.
- Explore ideas through rigorous design iterations and implementation. Streamline complex problems into elegant solutions.
- Oversee creative and maintain design consistency for the Twitter brand across many functions. Think strategically and connect design thinking back to specific business use cases.
- Generate creative design proposals (visions, scenarios, concepts) in order to visualize the desired output and share it with internal and external team members.
- Inspire and lead the team, be an advocate for the brand and be an ambassador for creative.
- Stakeholder Management.
- 15 years of experience developing branding and design across integrated creative.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- A portfolio demonstrating your work.
- Knowledge of the Twitter platform.
- Possess a track record of achieving excellence through relentless collaboration, communication, patience and a sense of humor.
- Experience bringing an idea to fruition and ability to empower your team or agency to do the same.
- Expertise in leading, directing and managing a group of strong cross-disciplinary teams.
- Award-winning portfolio.
- Experience in building brands.
- Solid understanding of digital media as well as the marketing industry at large. Ability and desire to adapt to the changing landscape of technology.
- Ability to lead by example and consistently inspire creative colleagues to create differentiating, pioneering ideas that conceptualize world-class solutions.
- Excellent communicator with exceptional speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to motivate and positively engage staff and management cross functionally in ways that build trust and enthusiasm.
- A hands-on, “roll up your sleeves,” action-oriented approach.
- Ability to think independently, creatively and strategically. You are a storyteller at heart.
- Responsive to feedback, capable of both receiving and giving all types of feedback.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects at once and comfortable with tight deadlines.
Here’s all the legal good stuff:
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Design Director Of Color
Closing 12 September 2019
Director of UX Research
Closing 17 September 2019
- American Express
- New York
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.