Design Director for Pearlfisher
Job title Design Director
Location Pearlfisher London
- A senior role working alongside the Creative Director to lead and manage design projects for influential and high-profile brands.
We need you to
- Direct, manage and take creative responsibility for client design projects that you are assigned to and provide clear, focused, inspirational design direction to other members of the design team.
This is a key role requiring the highest level of
- Creative intuition / Conceptual thinking / Confidence / People skills
You will show us that you have
- A strong understanding of and a passion for all aspects of design and branding.
- A strong knowledge of typography, layout, colour and the latest design software and related tools.
- Experience of design systems and guidelines.
You will definitely need to be
- An original thinker
- An inspiration to your team and the wider business
- Able to articulate a point of view
- Hands-on, and able to adapt across categories, brands and touch-points
- The bare minimum we need from you is
- At least one year in a DD role within a branding and design agency, across FMCG and Identity
- And the technical skills we’d appreciate are
- An understanding of latest Adobe Suite software
- Ideally, you will have experience of/exposure to
- Or at the very least, an appreciation of/passion for experiential design covering motion, digital and environmental design.
The role in detail
As a Design Director, you will:
- Collaborate closely with the Creative Director to ensure Pearlfisher maintains the highest design standards, with the aim of delivering award-winning, effective work on every project.
- Take an active, strategic, design-led role in specific client briefings and immersions.
- Intelligently and accurately input on and interpret the creative briefs generated by the Strategy team.
- Create inspirational, challenging, original, award-winning design ideas, which are on-brief and that express creative excellence at all times.
- Take a lead role in design review meetings and clearly and articulately present creative ideas, providing a strong rationale for the work which is shared.
- Develop a clear point of view and opinion about your own work and that of the other members of the Design team (including interns and freelancers), and share this in the appropriate forums.
- Identify critical design issues in emerging ideas and be able develop (and help others to develop) workable, creative solutions.
- Take ownership of, direct and be accountable for the creative standards delivered by other members of the Design team (inc. freelance resource and interns) who are assigned to work with you on your design projects.
- Be accountable for meeting deadlines on all design projects. Take responsibility for ensuring the appropriate level of resource has been assigned to your projects and manage this resource efficiently.
- Clearly and articulately present our work to Pearlfisher's clients. Present Pearlfisher's credentials concisely, confidently and professionally. Develop a solid understanding and appreciation of the client's business that you are assigned to. Help to develop and grow existing client accounts by identifying opportunities.
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of the Realisation process and ensure our work meets the agreed technical brief/parameters.
- Closely collaborate and develop strong relationships with all members of the Pearlfisher team; Client Management, Strategy & Words, Futures, Realisation, Finance, to ensure the smooth running of projects and the wider business.
- Be instrumental in winning new business.
- Take responsibility for liaising with the Creative Resources Manager and Client Management team on any third-party needs relating to your projects, e.g. illustrators, photographers, lettering artists.
NB Pearlfisher reserves the right to amend your duties slightly or provide you with additional duties within your skills and competencies.
Assessment of success
Success will be viewed and measured in two ways:
i. Commercial Effectiveness: Being responsible and accountable for ensuring jobs are on track and in budget. Being instrumental in bringing in significant business, through new and existing client relationships.
ii. Creative Excellence: Maintaining high standards, winning awards and contributing to features, and pushing the design team to create award-winning work.
iii. Cultural Value: Understanding PF values and embodying them yourself and in your team.
You will report directly to Pearlfisher London’s Creative Director.
Please note that, due to the volume of applications and the need for our hiring team to assess these easily, we kindly ask that you upload your CV and some examples from your portfolio as a single PDF document that is smaller than 5MB. There is an opportunity to upload or link to a full portfolio as part of the application process, but the initial screening process will be based on this PDF, so please do choose your examples carefully.
When applying for this role you will be redirected to Pearlfishers careers site to complete a short application process, please note you will need to upload a CV and example of work to their website as desribed in the paragraph above.
Creative Director of Packaging
Closing 23 October 2018
- Become Recruitment UK
Senior Creative - Multi Award Winning Design Agency
Closing 23 October 2018
- Become Recruitment UK
- £35,000 to 45,000 p/a
Want more Design Director jobs?
Want to find more Art Director jobs, Creative Director jobs, Design Director jobs, Design Manager jobs, Executive Creative Director jobs, Digital Creative Director jobs, Digital Director jobs, Creative Services Director jobs, Managing Director jobs, Studio Director jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.