Design Director Of Color
Become part of the Converse Team:
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Converse designs the future. At Converse, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human creativity. The Design Teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphics designers. Converse designers look to the future, courageously pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the consumer’s experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
Color enthusiast, elevating the converse product experience with a focus on both the art and science of color. Drives color excellence through the connection of design, development and manufacturing.
Brings to life global color direction that is trend relevant to the converse consumer across all product types- footwear, apparel and accessories.
- Creates the short and long-term design vision and strategies for product creation with a focus on color.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of divisional business goals and values and works collaboratively with business and marketing partners to enhance design and group effectiveness.
- Builds awareness of current color trends through culture of fashion, sport, art and design via market research to keep abreast of consumer needs.
- Builds relationships with trend services and color influencers.
- Leads the converse global color vision, partnering closely with the creative directors and Sr director, along with material and graphics counterparts, to bring a holistic creative vision and narrative to life for the brand.
- Key speaker at major milestones, informing the vision and understanding of color direction to the company in a clear, concise manner.
- Leads and inspires the color design team, providing team vision, coaching color excellence and application techniques, as well as individual mentoring and career growth.
- _drives the creative content of the global color palette and supporting tools.
- Sets a color merchandising and tiering strategy tools to be used across all product types, driving a cohesive and complimentary product offering.
- Gives creative input, motivates and delegates partners to execute global color strategy: color designers, design directors, across all categories.
- Drives color innovation, inspires new thinking.
- Collaborates with development teams to ensure color concepts can be realized in a commercial setting.
- Partners with studio managers to drive color processes/best practices/color data reporting/hiring.
Required skill to advance to this level:
- 10+ years design experience demonstrating creative sophistication in concepts and design as well as a sharp understanding of the consumer and market.
- Proven ability to apply and perform 2d/3d design skills at an expert level demonstrated expertise using macintosh computer design applications.
- Clear communicator, verbally, visually and written.
- Compelling presentor, inspiring and engaging.
- Empowering leadership, abilitiy to delegate and lead a team effectively. Prior experience managing others is preferred.
- Strategic thinker, demonstrates leadership that influences process change (best practices, strategy, calendar, budget, manufacturing process).
- Organized, strong multitasker, able to balance a multiple season timeline.
- Valuable player in key milestones, speaking up in meetings to support converse design excellence, giving and receiving feedback productively.
- Collaborative nature cross functionally.
- Highly motivated, provides design expertise for the team outside of assigned product load as needed.
- Well informed, strong research skills and connection to the industry.
- Continuously advances product, process and design skills reflective of an expert design professional.
- Ability to travel.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
UX Director – Customer Support Experience
Closing 19 September 2019
- New York
Color & Materials Designer - HOKA
Closing 12 September 2019
- Deckers Brands
Want more Design Director Of Color jobs?
Want to find more Design Director jobs, Director of Interior Design jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Director jobs, Colour Grader jobs, Colour Stylist jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.