Design Director - Experience Design/UI
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What you'll be doing:
Here’s a chance to create world-class experiences for some of the best brands out there, working closely with strategy, UX, design and technology teams. We are looking for a true creator, with proven experience crafting meaningful and delightful digital products and services . This role is all about driving the direction and development of customer experiences that matter. We’re looking for someone passionate about all aspects of the design process – concepting, designing, prototyping, and gaining insight through feedback – refining until every piece meets the highest standards of quality. You can’t wait to solve problems, come up with awesome ideas and obsess about the details.
This is a role for someone continually growing their development and leadership skills. Highly collaborative, you enjoy working in closely knit teams – pushing things just a little bit further. Not afraid to make the case for what you believe in, you work well under pressure, keeping your cool when the deadlines change. A natural with clients, you speak convincingly because you know exactly what you’re talking about – and just how to get people excited about the work we do.
What you’ll get up to:
- Work with multidisciplinary teams on a range of products, designing experiences people want, need and love.
- Passion for people, with a proven ability to work across large-scale engagements with several project tracks and teams from multiple organisations.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with a great attitude, prioritising work and resources – even when timelines, budgets and availabilities change.
- Make the case for what you believe in, always advocating for the people who use our products.
- Work well under pressure, keeping your cool when the deadlines change.
- Get involved in workshops and presentations, developing relationships and working towards good outcomes.
- Be an expert, continually learning about people, design and technology, helping colleagues improve their design practice.
- Role model positive, progressive ways of working with all areas of the business – facilitating an environment to deliver quality at pace.
- Stay stubbornly curious.
You’ll likely have knowledge and expertise in these areas:
- Creation of high-level ideas, visual concepts and strategy. Root decisions in brand, business and customer insights.
- Knowledge of design processes, methodologies, accessibility standards and best practice.
- Knowledge of the core foundations of graphic design. Rapid delivery of various design templates without prior influence.
- Integrate beautiful, meaningful and seamless motion, animation and interaction into our products.
- Choose powerful imagery with clear intention, helping to engage the user through relevance and delight.
- Understanding of how to use, rationalise and attribute colour swatches across design systems.
- Execution of consistent and appropriate icons and icon sets for use both online and offline use.
- Prototyping: Produce visual proof of concepts showcasing design development, team reviews and user testing demonstration and feedback.
- Presentation: Ability to craft and deliver engaging presentations that inspire audiences and drive results.
- Keynote & PowerPoint.
Who you are:
- Solid knowledge of design processes, methodologies, accessibility standards and best practice.
- Experienced in creating large scale responsive web builds, campaign microsites, and other digital experiences.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and stay organised to meet multiple deadlines across a variety of projects at the same time.
- Able to scope projects and provide timing guidance.
- Drive and motivation to achieve excellence in themselves and others, whilst balancing the practicalities of agency life.
- Ability to construct a presentation and articulate simply for internal stakeholders or clients.
- A passion and desire to produce the best experience for a user no matter the channel or device, and a commitment to ensure its achieved throughout the project life cycle.
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.