Design Director (Corporate Reporting)
We are looking for a strong Design Director to join our Investor Engagement creative team at RY. You will be a creative leader with a passion for visual trends and their uses in commercial communication. As a Design Director, you will be a key driver of innovation in the agency’s creative output and, will encourage inspirational thinking by drawing on diverse sources to drive solutions. With a focus on corporate reporting you'll work across various disciplines including editorial, animation, digital communications and brand, incorporating both ideas and execution.
- Be the creative lead; creator and custodian of the visual look of projects assigned to them. Produces creative and original ideas with appropriate themes that accurately answer the brief and connects with the audience.
- Ensures that creative concepts produced within the team are executed to the highest standards and on schedule.
- Having a balanced skillset across all media and channels, including digital.
- Is a strategic thinker – has a strong and broad knowledge of our integrated approach and breadth of offer, and how to articulate them coherently.
- Keeps within budgetary restraints or pushes client or Creative Director to produce a better piece of work, either within or increased budget.
- Plays a lead role in pitches, by providing recommendations to the pitch team, contributing to the concept, creative work and/or pitch presentation itself.
- Encourages sharing of brilliant work via regular show and tell meetings.
- Strong portfolio available for viewing.
- Exceptional knowledge of annual reporting, and the design skills required to deliver reporting projects (literature design, layout, conceptual ideas generation).
- Excellent pitching skills; holds an audience, enlightens, and is persuasive.
- Able to inspire clients to challenge their own thinking.
- Inspiring people manager – gets the best out of creative and client service teams.
- Understands that the best ideas can come from anywhere or anyone.
- Clearly articulates ideas/solutions/updates in client and team meetings with confidence and gravitas.
- Inquisitive – eager to find out more and has a thirst for knowledge.
- Bold – dares to push the boundaries of conventional thought.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.