Design Director - Core Experience
Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are looking for an experienced senior product design manager to join our Core Experience team that is responsible for crafting the mobile app experience for Spotify. This team is at the heart of innovation at Spotify. You will be leading the charge on reimagining the most important surfaces in the mobile app: Home, Search, and Now Playing, as well as bringing brand new features into the product.
What you’ll do:
- Directly manages multiple design managers and associate principal designers, supporting them as they drive their personal and professional growth. The overall team is 15+ designers.
- Works closely with senior leadership to create strategic visions for the product and then deliver on those visions
- Influences and interprets the product vision to drive strategic execution of design through their team
- Works with our designers to ensure we have a deep understanding of user needs and that their design solutions fit into a consistent product experience
- Actively participates in key initiatives to help shape and guide solutions
- Challenges status quo on creativity and quality of design work across their team
- You are willing to get hands-on, partnering closely with other designers and/or engineering teams.
- Work closely with Product and Insights to formulate clear design hypotheses & construct tests
- Promotes team’s design work to drive alignment across the other teams
- Proactively looks for and solves high-level issues and opportunities
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of practical management experience, specifically experience managing managers, in an agile product development environment
- You are comfortable working closely with product managers, engineering leads, user research teams, and data scientists to ship products
- You are an inspirational leader. You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to build awesome product experiences.
- You have a keen eye for detail and can give effective direction and feedback to designers on the team
- You have great communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have a people-focused design mentality and want to design and build products/features that truly have a meaningful impact.
- You have an online portfolio or PDF that you can share with us. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio
Where you'll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences.
Our global benefits:
- Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
- Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
- Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
- All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
- Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
- Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify:
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior Design Manager
Closing 31 January 2022
UX Design Graduate Programme 2022
Closing 28 January 2022
- Marks & Spencer
UX/UI Design Manager
Closing 1 February 2022
- Bristol, Manchester, Birmingham
- £Competitive with great benefits
Want more Design Director - Core Experience jobs?
Want to find more Design Director jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.