Deputy Picture Editor
As a Deputy Picture Editor for the Sky News website and app, you will have an excellent eye for detail and design, and the editorial knowledge to know what makes a great picture.
You will be responsible for sourcing and selecting images for breaking news, picture-rich stories and long-form features.
You must be passionate about pictures and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
• Work well under pressure on breaking news, collaborating with editors and reporters to find the best imagery.
• Pitch and execute ideas for original, photo-rich stories for the Sky News website and App.
• Innovate and develop visual coverage, combining different formats, newsroom tools and visual elements.
• Work with photographers to tell a range of stories on all platforms.
• Help build new audiences for our journalism by promoting a diverse range of pictures.
• Often work independently and be expected to uphold Sky News’ standards of accuracy
What you’ll bring:
• Several years experience in a photo editing role – preferably in a national or international newsroom
• Excellent research skills and a track record of sourcing images from a range of sources, including from social media
• Good contacts with picture agencies and photographers for obtaining and negotiating the purchase of photographs.
• Hands-on experience of content management systems, photoshop and production tools
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to work on short and long-term projects.
The role will support the Picture Editor, working within the digital news team. It will require a combination of early and late weekday shifts and occasional weekend working.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
Sky Q, a generous pension, 25 days paid annual leave and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 7 July 2021
Creative Lead (Luxury/Premium experience)
Closing 9 July 2021
- Creative Recruitment
- £35,000 to 40,000 per annum
Closing 9 August 2021
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.