Deputy Editor, The Lancet’s eClinicalMedicine
Would you like to join The Lancet Discovery Science journal’s editorial team?
Would you like to help in advancing our knowledge in any medical discipline to improve human health?
Would you like to collaborate with authors and reviewers to publish high-quality, reproducible, impactful science?
About our Team:
eClinicalMedicine is a member of The Lancet’s family of world-renowned medical research journals. We are a friendly and collaborative team handling clinical research papers while priding ourselves on offering a personalised service to our authors.”
About the Role:
Working closely with the Editor-in-Chief and Senior Editors on all aspects of the organisation and preparation of the journal.
- Organising peer review of articles and identify experts as peer-reviewers on selected submissions.
- Manage a team of Senior Editors
- Working with authors, editorial boards and the wider academic community to help the editor develop editorial strategy to ensure copy flow of relevant, high-quality manuscripts
- Editorial experience, with good understanding of all aspects of the editorial process and journal production
- Research experience or clinical experience in a relevant scientific field
- Higher degree: PhD (in a relevant discipline) or M.D.
Work in a way that works for you:
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us:
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you:
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Generous holiday allowance with the option to buy additional days
- Health screening, eye care vouchers and private medical benefits
- Wellbeing programs
- Life assurance
- Access to a competitive contributory pension scheme
- Long service awards
- Save As You Earn share option scheme
- Travel Season ticket loan
- Maternity, paternity and shared parental leave
- Access to emergency care for both the elderly and children
- RECARES days, giving you time to support the charities and causes that matter to you
- Access to employee resource groups with dedicated time to volunteer
- Access to extensive learning and development resources
- Access to employee discounts via Perks at Work
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world’s grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
When you work with us, your work matters. You are part of an organization that nurtures your curiosity to stimulate innovation for the communities that we serve.
Growing Every Day:
Like the communities we serve, you are on a constant path of discovery to shape your career and personal development.
Colleagues Who Care:
You will be part of the Elsevier family. We will support your well-being and provide the flexibility you need to thrive at work and home.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 21 May 2023
- Future Plc
- perm, remote
£23,000 to 27,500 per annum
Senior Journalist, (Sub Editor - Online), BBC Sport
Closing 26 March 2023
- perm, freelance, temp to perm, remote
Editor - MyLondon
Closing 30 March 2023
- Reach Plc
£Competitive + excellent company benefits
Want more Deputy Editor, The Lancet’s eClinicalMedicine jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Sub Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.