Deputy Editor, Off-Price
The ideal Off-Price Deputy Editor will manage a team of copywriters and editors responsible for executing storytelling that aligns to our marketing and merchandising business priorities for the entire Off-Price brand, including in-store, online and social. This person acts as a guardian of the brand voice, developing the messaging strategy and all content plans that deliver against the marketing strategy.
A day in the life…
- Evolve the Off-Price brand voice and develop editorial style guidelines to achieve consistency across all touchpoints—OOH, in-store, online and social.
- Create and update brand and seasonal messaging strategy in order to deliver against overall Marketing strategy.
- Drive the creation of trend-relevant, customer-centric, commercial stories.
- Foster highly collaborative environment with the ability to work effectively with all peers and partners—Marketing, Marketing Operations, Creative Leads and Creative Director—to develop best-in-class creative.
- Ensure timelines are managed effectively and executed consistently.
- Lead, inspire, engage and motivate a team of writers and editors.
You own this if you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or writing-related field. MA, MFA a plus.
- 10+ years of experience managing an editorial team in a mid- to large-sized company.
- Experience in a senior creative role in editorial, journalism or within a large-scale marketing and/or advertising agencies. Retail experience a must.
- Proven track record of driving projects from concept to completion—applying best practices with the ability to prioritize, creatively problem-solve and make timely decisions.
- Solid knowledge of The Chicago Manual of Style, AP style and general editorial references.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Knowledge of fashion editorial and shopping trends.
- Ability to think strategically and stay on top of execution.
- Ability to supervise, train and mentor employees, including organizing, prioritizing and managing timelines.
- Demonstrate relentlessly high standards, fostering passion, integrity and energy.
- Ability to analyze and apply data for metrics-driven results.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and efficiently with a high-degree of collaboration and influence.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, as well as content management tools.
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Time Off.
- Merchandise Discount.
- Lifework / EAP resources.
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Video Editor, Creative Studio (Kids and Family)
Closing 19 March 2020
- Netflix UK
- Los Angeles
Senior Writer & Editor, Social Media
Closing 20 March 2020
- Old Navy
- San Francisco
Want more Deputy Editor, Off-Price jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.