Deputy Digital Editor - INK
Deputy Digital Editor for the award-winning N by Norwegian magazine
Based at INK’s London office
We are looking for a highly motivated Deputy Digital Editor to work with the N by Norwegian editorial team. The ideal candidate will be a talented journalist with a passion for creating outstanding, attention-grabbing, cross-channel content.
The main aspects of the job will involve:
- Quickly reworking existing print material for online
- Writing unique destination-based and themed content
- Working alongside the Digital Editor and multimedia studio to deliver bespoke video content.
The Deputy Digital Editor will be expected to assist the digital editor and magazine editorial staff, while also working closely with the in-house web team at Norwegian Air. An interest in travel, culture and lifestyle is essential as well as a creative, can-do approach to producing beautifully crafted editorial content. The Deputy Digital Editor will report to and be managed by the Digital Editor.
- Rewriting and reworking existing copy and imagery for digital use as well as managing the upload with the client.
- Writing bespoke editorial content for Norwegian.com’s Inspiration pages.
- Organising sub-editors as well as proofreading all web content prior to upload.
- Assisting the Digital Editor in developing a digital editorial strategy and forward-planning the editorial calendar in line with the print magazine.
- Creating additional, stand-alone bespoke digital content, in keeping with the Norwegian style and brand guidelines.
- Assisting the multimedia team on video concepts, including writing scripts for bespoke videos for web and social media.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working in online editorial on a comparative media product
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Creative flair to produce engaging, original stories for readers
- Working knowledge of content management systems (CMS)
- Proven ability to boost audience engagement and take content viral
- Knowledge of InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite and Photoshop
- A structured, scheduled approach to managing workload and content
- Ability to work under pressure and at a fast pace with constant attention to detail
Preferable: experience of working on video projects We offer an opportunity to work on one of Ink’s most popular magazines in partnership with one of the world’s fastest growing airlines. Salary competitive. The position is located at Ink’s head office in London, West Hampstead. The successful candidate will be required to travel. Please apply via email with ‘Deputy Digital Editor application’ in the subject line to the Digital Editor, Stephen Graves by 22nd June including a copy of your CV, links to your digital creative and a cover letter (in email body, not by attachment) stating why you are the ideal candidate.
Copy and Content Producer for leading charity
Closing 13 July 2018
- National Fostering Agency
- £33 p/a
Senior Designer (Asda Good Living) - Hearst
Closing 30 July 2018
Want more Deputy Digital Editor - INK jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Content Author jobs, Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs, Digital Editor jobs, Copywriting Journalist jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Editorial Designer jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.