Customer Research Manager (12 month FTC) for ASOS
Empowering 20-somethings to look, feel and be their best so they can achieve amazing things
At ASOS our 2,000+ ASOSers are immersed in the creative worlds, live on their mobiles and have a truly entrepreneurial attitude. As a company, we’re not trying to mimic or profit from youth culture – we are part of that youth culture.
There’s nothing that excites us more than finding talent, fuelling it, then letting it fly. Whether it’s developing the careers of our staff or investing in a new tech platform, we love knowing that we truly keep fashion moving forward.
Ultimately, we get excited by interesting individuals and we want to feed this individuality, empowering our people and customers to look, feel and be their best so they can achieve amazing things.
Reporting to the Lead Brand Insight Manager this role will be central to delivering the company’s Customer Experience and NPS programme and Brand Tracking programme. The role also entails developing the systems, tools and techniques needed to maintain and develop first-class customer and brand insight programmes.
What you’ll be doing…
- Responsibility for the day-to-day management of a suite of global research programmes, including our in-house run Customer Experience programme, the supporting Closing the Loop programme, our agency-managed Brand Tracking programme and co-management of our online Customer Community.
- Continuously, evaluate, analyse and communicate NPS results for our main strategic level global territories, highlighting key trends/patterns/areas for development and what this means to relevant departments and country managers.
- Supporting the global business with regular analysis and reporting of key customer and brand insights as well as undertaking deep dive analysis for all key markets and audience segments.
- Proactively seeking out trends and new insights within the programme data and using this to inform, guide and drive key business decisions and opportunities.
- Building and managing the day to day relationship with external research partners and working with them to evolve the programmes and effectively manage and deliver insights to various stakeholders across the business.
- Liaising closely with internal stakeholders and especially those in counterpart roles in the Customer Insight, CRM, Customer Intelligence & Data Analytics, Global Trading and Retail Finance teams.
- Championing brand insight across the business and demonstrating the value of this function to stakeholders.
- Acting as voice of the customer and ensuring their needs are considered and represented in all commercial decision-making
- Identifying best practices and new opportunities for evolving the research programmes, ensuring the set-up, design, analysis and reporting remain up-to-date and relevant to the business, including new tools and resources e.g. survey platforms, text analytics solutions and other cross tabulation tools
- Creating insight dashboards with data visualisation to be shared with the wider business
- Working with internal stakeholders to assess and set customer targets and KPIs
- Presenting insights to senior stakeholders to inform them of the latest customer feedback and trends.
We’d love to meet someone with…
The candidate will be someone with initiative who is excited about the prospect of championing the brand and ensuring the customer is at the heart of the business through the provision of robust and relevant insights. The ideal candidate will be someone who is able to hit the ground running in this executive role and has the ambition to develop and progress quite quickly into a manager role. As such we’re specifically looking for:
- A Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Computation, Marketing Science, Social Science or Business
- Solid commercial experience in an analytical customer or brand research/insights role for an established research agency or company within the retail or FMCG sector that has a strong customer insight function.
- Subject matter expert in working with Net Promoter Score®, either in-house or for client brands, and demonstrable experience of using NPS to track and build customer loyalty for a brand(s)
- High level experience of a wide range of research methodologies, including qualitative and quantitative analysis skills, with a sound understanding of the effective application, advantages and limitations of various research methods
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programmes (specifically Excel and PowerPoint) and experience of statistical analysis and techniques
- The ability to analyse, interpret and distil continuous data (including from various sources), and present findings in a clear and actionable way, and deliver insights to the business that informs decision-making and guides strategy and planning
- The ability to articulate strong connections between customers, brands and market trends
- Highly personable and approachable with strong collaborative skills
- Strong communication skills, and able to manage multiple stakeholders – someone who can share information with colleagues at all levels of the organisation and deliver this in a clear compelling way
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to rapid change
- Someone that is passionate about customers, and their needs
- Someone that is curious with an enquiring mind and strong problem-solving skills
- Sound commercial acumen
UX Researcher - Publishing - London - £37K
Closing 6 March 2019
- Preferred Choice Limited
- £37,000 p/a
Closing 16 March 2019
- Big Group
- Competitive Salary
Want more Customer Research Manager (12 month FTC) jobs?
Want to find more Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Audience Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.