Creative Teams (Mid-Weight and Senior)
REPORTING TO: SAV EVANGELOU - EXECUTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTOR
A BIT ABOUT US
The Marketing Store is a consumer engagement agency that believes in the power of experience to build brands. Experience is any valuable interaction between a brand and consumer, and it’s the currency of 21st century marketing; consumers are placing greater value on it, technology provides brands with greater opportunity to deliver, and it’s the key to unlocking huge growth.
Our core skill is therefore transforming brands, products and services into experiences. To leave lasting impressions and influence future purchasing decisions.
We do this through our expertise in the sharing of experience and the science of experience. Yet none of this can be achieved without our investment in people and culture. We’re committed to breaking down silos to create more efficient and better-connected working processes. That’s why we are a people-first agency, built to serve consumer-first brands.
WHAT ARE OUR PEOPLE LIKE?
Our agency is home to creative problem solvers. Those who overcome any obstacle to successfully put consumer-first ideas, products and technologies into market.
People who wear their talent lightly. Willing to be part of a close community that pushes them to be better.
Because our goal is to bring people and brands closer together. Closer insights, closer connections and closer collaboration breed better, more effective work. It’s this dedication to getting closer that drives us to go further.
WHY WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE THIS ROLE
Riding high on our recent success in gaining a shiny D&AD Pencil, we are excited to be in a position to bring in a Creative Team to bolster our creative output at TMS further.
You will work across our roster of clients, new business pitches and internal initiatives however the core of the role offers a great opportunity for a talented team to get stuck into an array of projects, as well one of biggest clients, McDonald’s.
We believe brands can bring people closer to each other, brands can get closer to people, and people closer to brands through the experiences they create. Execute campaigns perfectly and people will remember the brand, recommend it and come back for more. As a team, you will develop and stretch your capabilities with the potential to build campaigns across multiple channels, from retail to social and experiential. You will work alongside, challenge and be challenged by talented individuals from Strategy and Client Services to Creative Technologists.
You will have the opportunity to create and inspire others to generate campaigns for clients such as McDonald’s, Vue, BP, adidas and M&S.
If you are looking for a meaty project to get your teeth into, that will ask you to flex your creative muscles in delivering compelling stories for our clients then this is the role. You will get exposure to social, digital, print campaigns and show your flair across both ideas and craft with compelling use of imagery.
Finally, we guarantee that you will leave changed. Because we help our people achieve their goals.
So come here to experience. To experiment. To make mistakes. To challenge your own limits.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE AGENCY
Ideally as part of an established creative duo, you are a master in generating ideas that inspire, delight and create behaviour change on a mass scale. As a Team, you are equally gifted in converting the ideas into inspirational and actionable copy, as well as actionable visuals. A picture is worth a thousand words, right?
Digging deeper on the details
- You’ll be an expert at listening to and interrogating briefs, able to identify gaps and reject briefs as necessary. Occasionally you will be asked to work with Strategy or Client Services to create briefs.
- You are confident in questioning briefings (client or agency) in order to ensure the potential of an opportunity is both spotted and maximised.
- You will have proven ability of stretching a brief into campaigns beyond their initial parameters.
- You will generate campaigns that have the potential to change behaviour at mass scale. Your ideas can spark movements.
- You will create culturally informed, insight-driven, brand-building ideas that span traditional and new media channels.
- Your concepts may span from platform ideas to tactical ones (eg. social media and CRM).
- You will apply concepts to multi-channel touchpoints across customer journeys with the aim of creating memorable brand-building customer experiences.
- You will demonstrate an appetite to seek new technology and data driven ideas.
- You will see the potential of a brief and develop ideas beyond its parameters.
- Play an active role in brainstorming and idea generation, with colleagues, clients and co-creation collaborators.
- You will help and encourage concept development with lesser experienced team members.
- Tasks include writing campaigns, promotional, touchpoint specific customer journey, competition, social media, email and website copy, plus in store material for packaging, posters etc.
- You will write competently in accordance to clients’ tone of voice, brand positioning and channel appropriateness.
- You will generate short form copy i.e. headlines for campaigns and tweets as well as long form copy (from an ad to an email).
- Occasionally you will write copy for agency communications e.g. credentials, case studies, news items, our social channels, award entries and internal material.
- As a writer, occasionally you will be asked to assist or oversee copy by junior writers.
- You are a coherent and inspirational presenter, who is great at selling ideas clearly and confidently.
- Over time you will develop relationships with selected clients.
- You have the potential to navigate through inter-agency creative processes, whether it’s platform idea development or extending your concepts into new executions and channels.
- You contribute intelligently at client meetings.
New Business, Awards & PR
- Here at TMS we say “new business is everyone’s business”, and as Copywriter, you will get involved with the exhilaration of working on new business pitches.
- We also need you to jump in and help TMS sing from the rooftops about what we do whether that be award entries, or helping the People Team with internal initiatives, or externally such as Campaign Top 100.
- Models high performance behaviour, openly demonstrating a desire to be the best that you can be. Requests and gives feedback regularly.
- Uses training and other development programmes to enhance the knowledge and skills of others.
Team Collaboration (internal & external)
- As well as working as a creative team, you will work as a true partner with other departments across the business, such as Strategy, Client Services, Social Media, Creative Technologists, Designers and Developers.
- You will have a broad understanding of how digital and creative work in tandem and be able to use these skills to further build internal relationships, allowing the best ideas to fulfil their potential.
- Demonstrates an interest in agency-wide projects outside the creative department.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE
- Our perfect candidate will arrive as part of an established creative team.
- Ideally, campaigns that have been recognised, whether awarded or featured.
- Strong integrated agency experience.
- Strong digital innovator, able to expand on traditional briefs and challenge the status quo.
- ‘Ideas first’ mentality.
- Our ideal candidate will have experience of working with family brands and delivering campaigns that connect with kids, parents and families.
- You write clear, succinct, persuasive copy.
- You are skilled in switching tone of voice.
- Experience and understanding of how to deliver comms in our modern omni-channel world, both physical and digital.
- A desire to push and be pushed to create outstanding work each and every time.
- Your portfolio should contain examples of successful retail, digital, social and experiential campaigns for well-known brands. FMCG experience is preferable but not essential.
THOSE EXTRA PERKS!
- 22 days’ holiday standard (increases year on year with service)
- Your Hours - flexible working with a core hours structure of 10am-4pm
- An additional three days for the Christmas period
- Your birthday off and £50 cash on us!
- Company pension matched up to 3% contribution
- Private Health Cover with AXA PPP (for you)
- Dental cover with Denplan (for you)
- Annual Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Childcare Vouchers
- ‘Bike to Work’ scheme
- Life Assurance at four times your annual salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Referral bonus for new hires
- Long Service Bonus at 5, 10, 15 years
- Socials and sports teams
- Beer-fridge Fridays and regular socials
We are The Marketing Store and we would love to meet you!
Digital Creative for This Here
Closing 12 March 2019
- This Here
Midweight Creative Artworker for Make it Clear
Closing 19 February 2019
- Make it Clear
Want more Creative Teams (Mid-Weight and Senior) jobs?
Want to find more Artworker jobs, Copywriter jobs, Creative jobs, Creative Artworker jobs, Creative Team jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.