Ready to join one of the most successful fashion brands on the high street? Do you have a passion for fashion? Driven to achieve? United to win? If your answers are yes, we think you’ll love it here on the Island…
From our first shop in the remains of a North London bombsite in the 1940s, to now over 250 stores across the UK, Ireland and internationally. We are known for our stylish, affordable fashion and we like to shout-it loud.
Our Island community is everything and we are stronger together. Every Islander counts in making fashion a force for good and we value individuality and difference. Exceptional people have made River Island a success for over 70 years. Together we will continue to do so in the years ahead.
We are one team. We are the difference. We are River Island.
We are currently recruiting for a Creative Photographer to join the Web team at our Head Office on a 3 month fixed term contract. As part of the studio team, you will assist with the photography of River Island’s repertoire of products. You will have the opportunity to be involved in innovative and eye catching photography and thereby constantly improving the shopping experience at riverisland.com.
We are looking for a talented individual who is interested in expanding their experience and developing on their existing photography skills. You must have previous experience in fashion photography within a studio/catalogue/still life type of environment.
Key priorities of the position include to:
- Shoot all Creative Still life Imagery for PR, Menswear, Womenswear, kidswear and POS.
- Report to Online Styling Manager and Studio Manager.
- Work closely with Senior Stylist and Senior Retoucher to create inspiring, on-brand, on-trend imagery for River Island.
- Be aware of other competitors in order to produce photoshoots that push the boundaries of online creative photography, creating a unique and industry leading visual experience for our customer whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Source props and lighting with Creative Stylist ensuring execution of all Creative shoots are to the standard required.
- Attend regular meetings with Senior Members of Management, including Creative Managers, Senior Concept Designer, Art Director and Head of Creative.
- Responsible for fulfilling art direction and briefs requested.
- Ensure all Creative shoots reflect River Island’s Brand identity.
- Attend Weekly Critical Pathway Meeting with E-commerce team and manage weekly Creative Studio schedule.
- Due to high demands expected with in the Creative Team ensure time management is closely monitored in order to achieve deadlines.
- Communicate with all E-commerce Departments to ensure images are to the quality and standard required.
- Highly organized, unflappable and detail driven to cope with an extremely fast paced working environment where you will often be required to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Mentor and train other team members in Creative ways of working.
- Explain concepts and briefs to shoot teams, who to contact and expectation.
- Shoot accessories 1-2 days per week.
Suitable candidates must demonstrate the following:
- 4 years previous still life/accessories photography experience, ideally within a studio/catalogue environment
- Proven experience with Professional digital cameras and lighting.
- High technical proficiency in PhotoShop (Mac), Capture Pro and networked computers
- Good understanding of colour correction and image constraints
- Ability to work under extreme pressure to meet creative deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly, accurately and confidently and build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Detail oriented
- Proactive and able to take initiative.
- Proven ability to work quickly and efficiently with an eye for detail
The base location for this role is at our Head Office in West London. Hanger Lane is the nearest tube station on the central line, alternatively we have a free on-site car park should driving be an option.
And wait, did we mention the perks?
- Discount – Generous 50% staff discount so you can treat yourself!
- RI Rewards – More discounts and vouchers with Perks at Work
- Island culture – We have a gym, subsidised restaurant & Costa, and a bargain staff shop, all onsite!
- Work that stays at work – Flexible working is a given, on top of payday early finishes and Summer Fridays
- Health Benefits – Attractive healthcare cashplan, childcare vouchers, eye vouchers, ride to work scheme, EAP and more…
- Giver Island – Give as you earn scheme, a ‘Giver Island’ day each year and matched funding[AO1]
- Training on the job – Support with upskilling skills through on the job training and qualifications
- Pension - A contributory private pension scheme
- Holiday - 25 days paid holiday
We mentioned the discount, right?
At River Island we are committed to the safeguarding of all of our employees regardless of age or job role. We will fulfil our obligation under the Prevent duty which seeks to stop extremism and extremist views from materialising in our business. We promote and encourage the belief in British Values- including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Photographer/Videographer Newborn and Family Portraits
Closing 29 November 2021
- Juliette Sawyer Photography
- perm, remote, temp to perm
- $2000-3000 per month
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.