Creative Lead Photographer
The Content Lead Photographer will be a creative, self-motivated, full of ideas individual leading the content set within the Harvey Nichols studio. They will specialise in shooting beautifully lit luxury product for creative content and editorial shoots for use across all HN channels including harveynichols.com. You will be confident with creative lighting and maintain consistency throughout all photography across the content set output, working closely with the Creative Content team and Junior Still Life Stylist to execute shoot concepts. Working to briefs set by the creative team, and to the needs of the business across fashion, beauty, food/beverage and lifestyle, the ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail delivering impeccable imagery to a high standard on all in-house still life creative content shoots.
What you will be doing:
- Execute creative photography of fashion, beauty and lifestyle (food and beverage) products to be used across all assets for Harvey Nichols Creative Content
- Develop imagery in a multitude of crops and dimension that is fit for purpose across a variety of creative assets and platforms. Including cropping and processing all images, and maintaining file size specification guidelines for social/homepage and all other assets
- Work daily with the junior stylist and wider creative team to fulfil briefs and deliver an elevated standard of photography
- Create on-brand imagery that meets creative concept requirements
- Work closely with the stock assistant and stylist(s) to ensure the correct product is shot and included in content set-ups
- Work with the Photography Manager and Creative team to improve and develop processes and innovations for smooth running of the content set.
- Have a high technical ability with creative lighting
- Manage expectations by providing constructive feedback on briefs and concepts, always striving to be solutions focused and think creatively
- Contributing creative (still life) shoot ideas that are progressive and achievable in the Harvey Nichols studio
- Accountable for image labelling, backing up and ensuring all files are sent to retouching team from content set.
- Responsible for a clean and tidy set as well as prop inventory.
- Be an engaged, supportive and valued member of the studio team and to feedback on the content set in wider studio team meetings.
- Responsibility for quality of shots and time management while on set
- Set up and take down of equipment in the studio
- Report/advise the Photography Manager of repairs and kit issues.
- Maintain photography software, keeping it up to date and functioning properly to ensure a smooth workflow.
- Name and maintain digital asset files.
- Accurately archiving images to be easily accessed by Creative and Design departments.
- Keeping the photography manager and wider studio team up to date with new techniques and workflows.
- Ad hoc duties.
A bit about your Experience:
- A keen eye for visual composition with strong knowledge of luxury brands and fashion designers.
- Creative and innovative still life photographer with a portfolio to match
- Ability to collaborate with the wider creative team bringing ideas and creative thinking to all projects
- Solutions driven with a flexible attitude
- Lead by example by contributing new ideas, to meetings and bringing new ways to drive the business objectives
- Supportive in your approach, helping the Studio Managers in the delivery of targets and team goals
- Be pro-active, show initiative and suggest ideas to constantly improve the workflow and quality of the set, as well as the wider business.
- Meeting daily and weekly deadlines to prepare for new content material.
- Ability to work with stylists, production, the stock assistant and other teams across the business
- Providing clear, calm and measured direction on a busy set and working environment
- A portfolio of still life shoot imagery showing an appreciation and understanding of luxury fashion, beauty and lifestyle brands
- Previous Lead experience in a studio environment.
- Strong proven technical experience with digital cameras and lighting.
- High technical proficiency in PhotoShop, Capture One and networked computers.
A bit about you:
- Ability to work collaboratively and value differing perspectives
- Team player – build relationships with other internal and external teams
- Strong organisation, communication skills and professionalism
- Proactive and able to work within and meet stringent deadlines.
- Excellent work ethic and ability to multi-task.
- Strong eye for detail and organisational skills and strives for a high level of accuracy.
All your hard work, rewarded:
Our colleagues are as important to us as our customers. When working with us you will be introduced to a huge variety of benefits including:
- Flexible working
- Very generous staff discount plus annual clothing allowance
Please provide a cover letter and portfolio to support your application.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Photographer - Still Life
Closing 7 October 2022
Closing 19 November 2022
- Sports Direct
Closing 19 November 2022
- 21st Century Fox
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.