We are looking for a talented Creative Director to lead Monstercat’s creative department. The successful candidate must possess excellent leadership qualities, with the ability to maximize the talents of their team and elevate the profile of the Monstercat brand.
Reporting to the CEO, you will align closely with the CEO and Marketing Director to develop a creative strategy that delivers engaging content across various mediums to meet the expectations of our fans and business partners.
This is a Director level position, overseeing a Creative Production Manager, and indirectly a team of 5 internal creatives and a large external network of commissioned designers.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop creative strategy for Uncaged, Instinct, Silk and any new or secondary properties.
- Ensure brand integrity and standards across all mediums, channels and territories.
- Lead brainstorming sessions on major creative projects.
- Provide guidance and feedback to the design team on their work.
- Oversee the overall quality of Music Release designs.
R&D and Special Projects:
- Evolve the Monstercat core brand by liaising with external partners to leverage the latest technology trends and design capabilities.
- Be closely attune to new market trends and innovations in technology and design.
- Ensure sound brand positioning in local and international markets with commercial brand partners.
- Ensure annual development of corporate brand books and EPKs.
- Ensure delivery of engaging content through various mediums - music, events, digital, photo, video, print, merchandize and written narrative.
Leadership and Management:
- Ensure each project has the financial and human resources it requires to be successful.
- Manage the performance and mentor the careers of direct reports.
- 7+ years’ design experience, particularly with, but not limited to graphic design, motion graphics and emerging technologies.
- 3+ years demonstrated creative success in leading collaborative multi-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, advertising, marketing, other relevant field or equivalent creative director experience.
- A portfolio of previous work that demonstrates diversity in range, technical mastery, an eye for artistic creativity and design, and the ability to turn an idea into a visual piece.
- Expert knowledge of design trends and a social technology and culture enthusiast.
- Mastery in the brainstorming-related creation processes and the ability to inspire creativity within your team.
- Ability to translate design ideas into an innovative design strategy and the diplomacy to balance stakeholder expectations with the resources available.
- Brilliant interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to negotiate on behalf of the design team.
Why join Monstercat? We offer the opportunity to:
- Work with smart, driven, and passionate people in a fun and collaborative environment.
- Work at the forefront of music innovation.
- Be creative & strategic.
- Be rewarded with more opportunity.
- Utilize a comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits package.
- Work a flexible work week, currently from home but when public safety regulations allow it... at our creative Railtown Vancouver office with freshly ground coffee, a fully stocked kitchen, and regular company events.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with offices in L.A., California and Singapore, Monstercat is North America’s largest independent electronic music label. We’ve mastered the art of innovation to award-winning levels - we connect an unparalleled roster of chart-topping artists with fans worldwide, all the while partnering music with distribution players and partnerships that maximize impact. Powered by a collection of creative music lovers and tech aficionados, we’ve successfully forged into the realms of events, apparel, and gaming with signature style.
How to Apply:
Visit our Monstercat careers website, click “Apply for this Job”. To be considered for this role, please include:
- Your resume.
- A personalized cover letter that highlights clearly and succinctly how your skills and experience match the specific requirements of this role.
- A link to your portfolio.
Want more Creative Director jobs?
Want to find more Art Director jobs, Creative Director jobs, Design Director jobs, Digital Art Director jobs, Digital Creative Director jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.