Creative Director - The New York Times
The New York Times’ T Brand Studio is looking for a Creative Director to be based in our London office. We are a fast-growing team of energetic writers, designers, producers, videographers and developers who create content for advertising campaigns across The New York Times U.S. and international channels. Our work spans a variety of forms, which include but are not limited to, digital and print advertising, experiential activations, social campaigns, video, AR/VR and/or a combination of these elements.
Based in London, the Creative Director will think outside the box and come up with creative ideas for brands to partner with T Brand Studio. With direct reports in London, Paris and Hong Kong, the Creative Director will ensure that operations and processes are followed to ensure our content maintains the highest level of quality and consistency across the teams. The Creative Director will take a hands-on approach, being equally skilled at concepting as executing design tasks for a variety of brands.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- In collaboration with the Editorial Director on T Brand Studio in London, lead creative ideas and executions for international content campaigns
- Help instill and implement the New York HQ’s design vision, philosophy and work process for programs coming out of EMEA and Asia that also maintain the standards of The New York Times
- Collaborate with sales in brainstorming client-specific program concepts and lead T Brand pitches with prospective clients
- Produce storyboards, wireframes and detailed mockups necessary to guide development of beautiful, original and creative experiences from concept to implementation
- Manage an internal team of designers and developers on sold programs, adhering closely to all deadlines for deliverables in pre-sale and post-sale
- Develop conceptual and stylistic direction for a variety of content programs
- Create digital and print designs that follow business, brand and user best practices, including the design and production of site layouts, interactives, animations and website development
- Work with the internal development team and outside vendors on website and interactive page builds across multiple devices
- Keen understanding of technical builds, including scope and budget
- Develop a network of design freelancers to support the team’s production work
- Travel to pre-sale pitches
- 8+ years industry experience.
- Strong writing, storytelling, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically in creative ideation
- Previous agency experience with knowledge of how to navigate a media-led organization
- Experience leading executive-level client meetings to communicate innovative design and creative concepts
- Experience pitching and selling branded content to premium brands
- Familiarity with the operations and procedures of a content production team
- Knowledge of online media, digital editions, social networks and digital trends
- Solid understanding of digital design including UI/UX, and an interest in inventing new experiences for all devices
- Proven background in designing high-quality content for top global brands
- Strong portfolio showing visual and interactive design work
- Passion for design, branding and typography
- Strong time management and multitasking abilities
- Advanced level of proficiency in Keynote, Adobe Creative Suite (including PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro and/or After Effects)
- Please provide a link to your digital portfolio of work, or include links to any relevant content with your submission.
If interested, send us a resume at
Closing 9 February 2018
- £20,000 to 25,000 p/a
Senior Digital Designer for Wunderman
Closing 19 February 2018
Want more Creative Director - The New York Times jobs?
Want to find more Creative Director jobs, Design Director jobs, Executive Creative Director jobs, Digital Creative Director jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Client Services Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.