Creative Director - Experience Design within Experiences & Innovation
Who is ENGINE?
We are ENGINE. A new breed of creative communications company. We operate via a unique collaborative model that curates specialist teams around clients’ needs, providing them with the answers they need now. And the questions they should ask of the future.
We work with some of the largest and most admired brands in the world, including Sky, Disney, Unilever, Royal Navy, Warburtons and Coca-Cola.
We’re proud of the accolades we have received in recognition of our work and in the last two years have won almost 100 top tier industry awards.
Your role and team:
At ENGINE, Experience Designers see no delineation between product and service design and see human centered design and design thinking as a way to add demonstrable value to any challenge or opportunity.
Creative Directors of Experience Design at ENGINE are expected to plan, lead and oversee the strategic and creative process used to create and deliver transformative multi-context products, services and communications for our clients.
Our CD’s are expected to not only take accountability for client success, but also the success of the wider experience design team and are directly responsible for setting and maintaining the standard of craft as well as providing oversight and clear actionable direction.
As a CD of Experience Design at ENGINE should not be seen as a purely leadership or management role. Our directors practice ‘leading by doing’ and actively balance a ‘hands on approach’ with ‘line management and mentoring’.
You will partner with other heads of design team (Directors of Visual and Verbal design) and actively support and report to ENGINE’s Chief Experience Officer.
Whilst not directly responsible, you are expected to be accountable for the commercial success of the wider experience design department.
On any given day you might:
- Actively help develop the experience design practice at Engine, manage and mentor junior members of the team.
- Work with C-suite leaders and visionaries to transform businesses and brands.
- Structure narratives for client presentations and pushing systematic design work to give impact and creative edge.
- Frame business requirements and opportunities and translate strategic insights into consumer-facing experiences.
- Partner and lead multidisciplinary teams of Visual Design, Verbal, Account and Tech teams to define and deliver experiences across multiple platforms and channels.
- Providing direction in matters related to experience design and content strategy, including user experience, user interface, and product and service design.
- Be required to get hands on.
Who you are:
- Substantial agency experience in digital concepting at a high levelpreferably from a digital agency creative background.
- Able to be hands on with design when needed.
- Ability to show excellent conceptual thinking, through to final design.
- Examples of responsive web design and mobile app design.
- Experience with briefing and working with front-end developers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confident at communicating at all levels internally and externally.
- Good client facing and relationship skills.
- Ability to manage your own time and deadlines.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Expert in industry-standard design visualisation and prototyping.
We know our people are our superpower, so at Engine you can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including free breakfast at the in-house cafe, gym discounts, contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and much more!
At ENGINE we believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all and we're open to applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiverse traits.
Other jobs you may be interested in
User Experience Director
Closing 16 November 2021
Closing 17 November 2021
- London / Remote
- perm, part time, from remote
Associate Creative Director
Closing 15 November 2021
- Clay Recruitment
- £70,000 to 80,000 per annum
Want more Creative Director - Experience Design within Experiences & Innovation jobs?
Want to find more Creative jobs, Creative Director jobs, Design Director jobs, Digital Creative Director jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.