Creative Director / Copywriter
Insight Marketing Design, a full-service advertising agency in Sioux Falls, SD, is seeking a Creative Director with a copywriting focus to join our team of creatives, leading efforts to take strategic marketing plans and interpreting them into “big ideas.” You will develop concepts and write copy for a variety of marketing needs, such as printed advertisements, web copy, audio and video scripts, annual reports, direct mailers, catalogs, and proposals.
A hands-on creative - The Creative Director is responsible for the overall conception of the agency’s creative work. A strong copywriting background with appreciation for design is preferred, as you will be deeply involved in concepting textual and/or visual aspects of the work. You’ll also collaborate with other talented creative, strategic, and business leads to deliver highly effective solutions and are constantly pushing for creative excellence.
Creatively leading multiple projects - we’ll rely on you to set and inspire creative ambition, bold thinking and unexpected ideas with the creative teams and projects under your care. The Creative Director is a confident presenter and meets regularly with clients and upper management, building strong and trusted relationships, to explain campaign strategies and solutions.
- Think disruptively - your role is to approach problems from a different perspective and develop solutions to marketing and creative challenges.
- Translate marketing objectives into creative strategies while maintaining consistent brand voices.
- Create?original concepts that result in effective and compelling communication.
- Write clear, concise and grammatically correct copy using writing styles that appeal to diverse target audiences.
- Write effective copy aligned to brand strategy for a variety of client industries (i.e. commercial, agriculture, government, finance, healthcare systems, etc.).
- Maintain a high morale and positive attitude when leading creative efforts.
- Juggle multiple projects at once and pivot to others as needed.
- Lead production of audio/video projects and be responsible for production sessions.
- Present creative and conceptual work to internal teams and clients, showing a strong understanding of the client’s needs and ways to address them through messaging, design, and strategy.
- Look for opportunities to expand your abilities through professional education.
- Stay up-to-date on advertising and design trends and look for opportunities to incorporate them into the agency’s work
- Keeps abreast of clients’ brands / products / services / marketing efforts.
- Review work, brainstorm and provide feedback to creative team.
- Respond to comments, suggestions and criticism in a constructive manner.
- Candidates will be required to present a portfolio of creative work.
- 10+ years of leading creative efforts and messaging.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Design or equivalent professional experience.
- Creativity, attention to detail, adaptability and marketing knowledge are required.
- Must have strong, passionate, verbal presentation skills and be able to communicate and sell client on the ultimate design direction for the project.
- Experience in brand strategy, advertising, marketing, corporate identity, creative conceptual development, and creative production processes.
- Knowledge of integrated messaging across multiple platforms including design, digital, social, broadcast media, video, print.
- Current knowledge and understanding of where and how people interact with media, including at home, on the go, while shopping, mobile, broadcast, print, event, etc.
- Available to travel and meet client needs as required.
- Willing to work an alternative schedule when deadlines require.
Our commitment to you:
- Health, vision, dental insurance.
- Company-matched Simple IRA contribution.
- Flexibility for family / personal obligations.
- Work from home Wednesdays.
- Holiday / PTO / Sick leave.
- Business casual environment.
- Collaborative team who is enthusiastic about bringing your concepts to life.
This is a full-time salaried position that reports to the Executive Creative Director. Candidate is expected to work at our Sioux Falls, SD office. Pay depending on experience. Insight is located in Sioux Falls, a growing city in the eastern side of South Dakota, which is consistently ranked in various lifestyle reviews as a top city for young professionals, top small city for business, top 100 places to live, and most affordable US cities. We offer a competitive benefits package and are an equal opportunity employer.
More information about our company can be found at https://insightmarketingdesign.com
Other jobs you may be interested in
Creative Director, Blue Studio
Closing 20 March 2023
- perm, remote
Senior UX Writer, Buy With Prime
Closing 19 March 2023
- perm, remote
$128,000 to 211,600 per annum
Senior Creative Director
Closing 20 February 2023
- Electronic Arts
- perm, remote
$Depending on location
Want more Creative Director / Copywriter jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Creative jobs, Creative Director jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Digital Creative Director jobs, Head of Creative jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.