Creative Director, Blue Studio
Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities:
IBM Blue Studio is responsible for the sophistication and strategic evolution and expression of the IBM brand and sub-brands across every experience and encounter, internally and externally. We represent and support all IBM businesses horizontally and vertically. Our work crosses nearly every category of output: research and strategy, communications and content development, symbology and systems, digital and physical experiences, tools and training. Our goal is to maintain modernity, tangibility and understanding of the IBM brand in the world.
A Creative Director within the Studio serves as a creative leader for IBM and IBM Design overall. As part of the Studio, the Creative Director will work in partnership across all creative disciplines and practices, to advance the modern expression of IBM through design across all touch-points. This professional will lead and guide both IBM internal teams and external agencies, collaborators, and partners. He/she will help expand the influence and impact of the Studio in the company, and strengthen our overall executional excellence.
While being an ambassador for the advancement of the IBM brand, this professional will be personally responsible for leading multiple strategic design projects (and teams) both practical and progressive in nature. This work will include the design of brand identity, visual and verbal expression, concept creation, environments, exhibitions, communications, experiences, etc.
- Be a strong advocate and expert in the meaning, strategy and expression of the IBM brand
- Collaborate, influence, as well as manage through his/her expertise and knowledge of design
- Distinguish good design from bad, careless from well-conceived and crafted
- Generate new ideas continually, while keeping an eye on establishing and maintaining standards
- Be accountable for the overall success of our projects and experiences measured in specific business outcomes, such as new client acquisition/adoption of a service
- Serve as a thought leader both inside and outside of IBM
- Develop strategies, plans and set priorities
- Successfully navigating organizational complexities Consistently exceeding experiences previously created
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
• 8+ years art direction and creative leadership experience
• Visual design, identity, storytelling, branding and flawless execution
• Extensive experience leading design, production and agency partner teams
• Communicating and interfacing with stakeholders about design concepts, principles, criteria and guidelines
• Collaborating with other design leaders and practitioners to push the limits and look beyond the day–to–day, while working within constraints
• Taking ownership for teams and work–from conception to production–ensuring innovative work, best practices and standards of quality
• Applications: Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (Highly proficient), MS Office, Keynote
Other jobs you may be interested in
Technical Art Director - Tools and Pipelines - skate.
Closing 19 March 2023
- Electronic Arts
- perm, remote
$157,450 to 245,500 per annum
Creative Director / Copywriter
Closing 1 February 2023
- Insight Marketing Design
- Sioux Falls
$Salary to be discussed in interview.
Senior Art Director
Closing 28 March 2023
- perm, remote
Want more Creative Director, Blue Studio jobs?
Want to find more Art Director jobs, Creative jobs, Creative Director jobs, Digital Art Director jobs, Digital Creative Director jobs, Head of Creative jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.