Creative Director, Art Direction
Expedia Group’s Global Marketing Communications team is dedicated to developing and executing innovative and effective global marketing across our family of brands. Within this organization, the Creative team is Expedia Group’s center of creative excellence, and is responsible for developing high-impact, iconic and culturally relevant creative for consumer marketing, content and experiences across paid and owned channels.
What you’ll do:
- Play a critical role in defining our creative strategy: conceiving and executing campaigns, producing creative assets, and developing ideas for how our brands’ value propositions and positioning comes to life
- Support the executive creative director to fully realize industry-shaping creative that will live in longform film, digital editorial and social content
- Partner across the company—with brand strategists, product and technology professionals, producers, customer engagement specialists and more—to develop a deep understanding of our brands’ needs, to leverage insights that solve strategic problems, and to evangelize for the power of great creative work to shift perception and drive results
- Working with external partners and agencies, as well as a global team you will help build, lead, and mentor
- Everything from conceptualizing new episodic content series, campaigns to reviewing creative work, serving as a strong voice, educator, and leader of others
- Ideal candidates can work flexibly and fluidly, build trust with others, and see the big picture while keeping an eye on every detail
Who you are:
- Deep experience (12+ years) as an Art Director in agency or in-house environments; experience with global lifestyle or cultural-impact brands is essential
- Highly experienced in all aspects of branded content storytelling, rather than pure advertising Creative, and expertise of creation as an end-to-end process
- Deep understanding of creating film-led content: both longform docu-style film series and impactful shortform video, underpinned by an understanding of creative excellence across all major platforms
- Fluent in latest trends and innovations across all major social platforms and experienced in seamlessly applying social native features to create aspirational branded content
- Deep craft experience in your creative field with highly developed ability to develop strategic thinking and creative concepts that result in compelling campaigns and creative work
- A finely tuned aesthetic vision and craft application, and high design sensibility, evidenced across your photography, film, editorial and integrated creative projects
- Ability to creative direct all work, whether through external agencies, freelance vendors, or internal production resources, ensuring best-in-class work is delivered on time and within budget
- Experience acting as brand client with large agencies and ability to direct agency work and a strong presenter of work
- Proven ability building and leading global teams in a self-directed way
- Experience developing ideas and assets across all platforms and channels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to create and deliver presentations that articulate ideas in a compelling manner to build acceptance and support
- Proven record of working successfully with cross-functional groups, both internally and externally, in fast-paced environments with changing direction
About Expedia Group:
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 29 December 2023
£40,000 to 60,000 per annum
Lead Creative (Social)
Closing 23 December 2023
- JD Sports
Closing 23 December 2023
- TMW Unlimited
Want more Creative Director, Art Direction jobs?
Want to find more Art Director jobs, Creative jobs, Creative Director jobs, Digital Art Director jobs, Digital Creative Director jobs, Head of Creative jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.