N Brown – who we are and why work for us?
At N Brown, we’re committed to building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive environment that values equality for all. Our vision is that by ‘championing inclusion, we’ll become the most loved and trusted fashion retailer’. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are, therefore, at the heart of our culture.
We’re a forward-thinking digital retailer with a financial services proposition to be proud of. We’re customer-obsessed, serving them through three core brands: JD Williams, Simply Be, and Jacamo. We’re experienced, with over 160 years of trading under our belt. We’re inclusive, as we believe in fashion without boundaries; and we’re sustainable, striving to make as little impact on the planet as possible.
You’ll be a talented, passionate Creative designer with an interest in art-direction. You’ll have a portfolio and personality that displays talent and the ability to bring ideas to life. You’ll work with our team of senior creatives to deliver high quality concepts and digital assets for use across multiple digital touchpoints (web, social, email etc.) adhering to brand guidelines.
What’s in it for you?
- Hybrid working
- 24 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 days
- Annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
- Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
- Mental Health support both internally and externally, including access to our wellbeing champions and counselling services
- A range of financial wellbeing support
- Colleague discount across all N Brown brands
- Onsite café with subsidised rates and local restaurant discounts!
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Paid volunteer time – all our colleagues can take a full day paid to volunteer for a charity of their choice
What will you do as a Creative Designer at N Brown?
- You’ll think creatively and support the creation and production of creative campaigns through design and art-direction
- You’ll ensure all projects are delivered to a consistently high standard and on time.
- You’ll help build excellent relationships with our colleagues across the business
- You’ll ensure all design work adheres to brand guidelines and is fit for purpose
- You’ll take down design briefs and translate these into creative yet practical
- You’ll present finalised ideas and concepts to stakeholders
- You’ll react positively to feedback
What skills and experience will you have?
- You’ll have a design degree or qualification (or example of work, professional or personal, to the equivalent level)
- You’ll have excellent knowledge of Adobe suite (XD, Indesign, Photoshop and more) Creative; an eye for good creative that tells engaging stories.
- You’ll have good communication skills; ability to take a brief and understand requirements
- You’ll be adaptable; be able to easily adapt to the fast-paced nature of the business
- You’ll be self motivated; operate both individually and as a team player, and perform well under pressure
- You’ll be accurate with an eye for detail
- You’ll innovative; be interested in new and alternative design techniques and tool.
- You’ll be eager to learn; be focused on development.
- You’ll have experience in online retail and fashion desirable
Our promise to you:
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What happens when you apply to a role at N Brown?
As soon as we receive your application, we’ll send you an email to let you know. We always aim to come back to you as soon as possible with an update and we really appreciate you taking the time to apply for a role with us. Good luck!
Other jobs you may be interested in
Mid Weight Art Director
Closing 31 January 2023
- River Island
£Competitive + Benefits
Graphic Designer - Sign Studio
Closing 28 January 2023
Social Media Graphic Designer - Manchester Evening News
Closing 13 December 2022
- Reach Plc
£Competitive + excellent company benefits
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.