About The Role:
It’s an exciting time within the AO Creative Studio, as we are beginning a journey of Creative Transformation. As such we need to expand our creative design capabilities with a Creative Designer, who is ready to make the best work of their career.
Based out of our Manchester creative hub, you’ll be joining a great team responsible for shaping, evolving and raising creative standards across our on and off site content. With a great eye for detail and a real passion for design you’ll work collaboratively across major projects and campaigns, ensuring our studio output reaches its full potential.
Great communication skills are essential, and the ability to tackle every aspect of a project from start to finish is a must. We need an intelligent thinker and confident problem solver, but in return you’ll be able have a real influence over our creative output.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing:
· Participate in creative "kick-off" sessions, collaborating with the creative designers and wider creative teams to constantly push the boundaries of our creations
· When required, work closely with copywriters, developers and stakeholders to understand project objectives, assist in the creation of concepts and produce highly engaging multi-channel artwork.
· Concept and execute responsive web pages, emails, display, social media assets and print material for both manufacturer campaigns and the AO brand.
· Providing accurate updates and time estimates on projects
A Few Things About You:
We are looking for someone who:
· Minimum 2 years experience
· Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills, with some experience of working within a creative team
· Is able to work under pressure to deadlines and multi task effectively, taking accountability for your own work.
· Obsesses about the detail and has a huge passion for delivering quality work
· Able to bring pre-defined assets and concepts to life.
· Demonstrates strong layout, design and typography skills
· Displays a good understanding of responsive web design and UX methodologies.
· Takes an interest in advancements in technology and techniques in design, taking inspiration from industry leaders and encouraging development and collaboration within the team.
ESSENTIAL SOFTWARE SKILLS - Strong:
- ESSENTIAL SOFTWARE SKILLS - Good
- Microsoft Office
- DESIRABLE SKILLS (not essential but nice to have)
- HTML 5, CSS
- Google web designer
- Adobe After Affects
A Bit About Us:
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 8 December 2021
- Adecco Global IM
Junior Designer CRM
Closing 7 December 2021
- AO World PLC
Mid-Weight Digital Designers
Closing 11 December 2021
- Become Recruitment UK
- £25,000 to 30,000 per annum
Want more Creative Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.