Bamford - Creative Designer, London.
We are looking for a Mid to High Creative Designer to join our team at our South Kensington head office. Full time, Monday - Friday, office hours 9am - 6pm.
About the role:
As our talented Creative Designer, you’ll work across fashion, bath & body, spa, homeware and accessories ranges. Working closely work the Marketing team, you’ll support events, workshops, wellness education programmes and content illustrating. You would be responsible for bringing the story and our brand values to life for customers across our two London stores, the Farm store and Spa in Gloucestershire and wholesale accounts. Working with the head of Visual Merchandiser, marketing team and reporting to the Creative Director you will be asked to turn your hand to everything Bamford requires; from packaging to brochures, signage, photography direction, our seasonal journal, eBooks and digital graphics, website updates.
- You must have a passion for design, innovation and the wellness/wellbeing trends.
- Inquisitive and alert - you immerse yourself in design and are enthusiastic about bringing new ideas and design concepts to the table.
- Organised - you have the ability to plan ahead and meet deadlines.
- Flexible - you will be working on multiple projects each day with shifting timelines.
- Proactive - you must be able to work independently to seek out information within Bamford and beyond to progress your projects.
- Responsible - ability to take responsibility for your own projects and ensure they are delivered on time and to the highest standard.
- Team player - be able to build great relationships within the business and with our suppliers.
- Determined - you always get the job done.
- Professional design experience, including fashion or lifestyle retail.
- Experience in story-telling for customers in a retail or public space.
- Able to lead packaging designs from concept through to artwork.
- Experience in managing a budget, or with sourcing and managing costs.
- Excellent skills in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator& Photoshop.
- Good online design experience.
- Following creative direction, develop emotionally engaging, consistent visual story-telling throughout our customer’s journey, from the moment they first hear or see our brand and products.
- Create covetable designs which represent the Bamford brand values.
- Good technical and problem-solving abilities regarding print specifications and packaging construction.
- Ability to ensure accurate artwork is produced. Experience with print proofs and creating artwork is essential.
- Design and coordinate the seasonal install of signage and messaging with internal and external teams. We have several seasonal changes a year.
- Assess the photography requirements for new projects, coordinate the shoots for print and digital imagery, ensure timely delivery and brand consistency.
- Excellent spelling and grammar required.
- You will be expected to travel to the farm shop in the Cotswolds a few times a month.
Benefits - in exchange for your passion and commitment you will receive:
- Competitive salary.
- Career development.
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- 30% company discount.
- 50% lunch discount at local Daylesford store.
- Stakeholder pension scheme with life insurance.
- Subsidised private medical insurance.
Apply to this role:
If you wish to apply for this role, please submit your CV, cover letter and link to or examples of your portfolio.
Closing 13 August 2019
Global Digital Designer
Closing 13 August 2019
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.